What hardware is supposed to be used with these Core 4x4 control arm bushings?

sgmartz

Hi all - does anyone know what hardware is supposed to be used with these types of metal sleeves in a rubber bushing? Am I suppose to hammer a bolt through to push those nubs out before installing? Or use a bolt that fits within those protrusions? Many thanks Steve

C0A83E76-26BF-4FC6-A058-642E3FE1686A.jpeg

Fit a smooth shank grade 5 or 8 bolt into that sleeve that needs to stay put. Or if it's metric a 10.9 or 12.9 strength. Didn't the CA manufacturer say what size bolt to use?

Fit a smooth shank grade 5 or 8 bolt into that sleeve that needs to stay put. Or if it's metric a 10.9 or 12.9 strength. Didn't the CA manufacturer say what size bolt to use?
Thanks Jerry. No instructions from the manufacturer. The hardware that came with it would fit within the sleeve but I would have to hammer it past those little nubs sticking out. I’m wondering if I should just get an extra bolt and use it to push those out and then put the new hardware in.

Closing the loop on this for future readers.
The right hardware is 10mm (OEM) that’s supposed to fit inside of the nubs. They are to center it. It’s a current OEM bidding which is why Core uses it.

One problem with the core bushings is that the factory arms flex and the bushings are designed to accommodate this. I had core build mine for ddb’s so the arms could allow more articulation. Good luck Tim

good luck with core 4x4 arms ill never buy any shit they make again the adjustable arms pulled apart sheared off the threads and i dont do anything even close to hard core wheeling mostly just two tracks in to fishing or hunting spots

good luck with core 4x4 arms ill never buy any shit they make again the adjustable arms pulled apart sheared off the threads and i dont do anything even close to hard core wheeling mostly just two tracks in to fishing or hunting spots
Warranty obviously do not help you went the CA broke but, do they replace it? What they told you about that?
I been beating mines to dead and still not able to blew the rubber bushings or JJ,

Warranty obviously do not help you went the CA broke but, do they replace it? What they told you about that?
I been beating mines to dead and still not able to blew the rubber bushings or JJ,
didnt bother arms are 2 yrs old just put them back together and welded it solid and WILL NEVER buy their shit products again

SO there should be zero play between the bolts and the inner sleeve?

i.e. can someone with greater experience than me confirm whether the CA bolts should be the same diameter as the internal diameter of the metal sleeve in the bushing?

There is play between the sleeve of my new CAs and the stock hardware I am re-using, and this seems suspicious to me haha.

Video for specific context (and to help future eBay cheapskates like me), stock CA versus new, stock hardware.

Turns out this doesn't matter. The tension created by the bolt presses the mount into the bushing and clamps the sleeve at each end, so long as your bolt doesn't move inside the hole in the frame mount its fine for there to be a gap between the ID of the sleeve and the OD of the bolt.

Installed these cheap CAs yesterday and the difference is night and day, probably wouldnt take them into any crazy terrain but for 99% of my use its fine. its like a new car. unbelievable.

Reactions: astjp2