What is better, a frameless top or the stock hardtop?

I have the black twill frameless Bestop and a Hardtop. The Hardtop never gets installed and I've been toying with the idea of selling it. I can't fault the soft top especially with the Sunrider function.

Suppose, If you wanted to get highly critical the tailgate bar is a bit of a pain sometimes on the soft top.

Love the soft top, the rear zippers can be quite miserable when daily driving. After the sand in Moab mine pretty much stopped working. I need to clean the zippers up and see if I can get them working again. Right now I have the hard top on even though the weather is great here because nowhere to store the hard top.

I have the black twill frameless Bestop and a Hardtop. The Hardtop never gets installed and I've been toying with the idea of selling it. I can't fault the soft top especially with the Sunrider function.

Suppose, If you wanted to get highly critical the tailgate bar is a bit of a pain sometimes on the soft top.
Did you get it from Oz or US? They are pretty pricy with taxes and shipping. I want my hardtop off next summer but have to store it at a friends property because I have no garage, I dont want to sell it and know I would have a line of buyers the moment I advertised it which makes me want to keep it.

Did you get it from Oz or US? They are pretty pricy with taxes and shipping. I want my hardtop off next summer but have to store it at a friends property because I have no garage, I dont want to sell it and know I would have a line of buyers the moment I advertised it which makes me want to keep it.
From Quadratec in the US, locally they don't stock the high end materials. I generally look at how much something is going to cost locally and compare the total cost of bringing it in myself, 'most' of the time I'm in front although on some accessories JeepKonnection in Vic or SBR off-road in WA are cheaper because they'll bring in container via slow ship.

My TJ came with the factory hard top and my LJ came with a rampage frameless soft top. I would take the factory hard top any day if I had to pick one out of those specific two. MUCH quieter and lasts better in the AZ sun. That being said, I put a new framed bestop twill on my TJ recently and that's definitely my new favorite. I love the sunrider option and being able to lower the top for the trail after a long drive on the highway to get there. I'll problably order a frameless bestop trektop for the LJ in the next year or two because I love flipping back the roof, but I like the fast back look on an LJ.

From Quadratec in the US, locally they don't stock the high end materials. I generally look at how much something is going to cost locally and compare the total cost of bringing it in myself, 'most' of the time I'm in front although on some accessories JeepKonnection in Vic or SBR off-road in WA are cheaper because they'll bring in container via slow ship.
SBR have not had any in since covid and I dont think they sold the Twill just the Black Diamond, I can wait though, SBR were around $1200au but thats still cheaper than getting one sent over from Quadratec.