What is my 2004 SE with 16K miles worth?

Leems13

Supporting Member
Hey All,

Been lurking on and off over the years. Recently purchased a 2004 SE (manual) with 16,726 miles. Jeep is 100% stock and in fantastic shape (in my opinion). Has the 2.4 which I know some people aren’t huge fans of. Paints in great shape and there is no rust as it’s been in the south it’s entire existence. Half doors, vinyl seats. Original dark khaki top which had never been taken off prior to my purchase. As great as the Jeep is, I can’t find the time to drive it much with work and a newborn. Wanted to gather some opinions on what you all think it’s worth? I have a number in mind but wanted to post here prior to deciding whether to list it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob and JMT
Your Jeep is in very nice condition.
With that low mileage and IF you have the Jeep detailed you should be able to get 10-12K.
The area you live in makes a difference in selling price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob
In the current market I would say $12-$14. The 4cyl is a killer for the enthusiast crowd but for someone who just wants the Jeep "life" and will assume the 4cyl gets significantly better mileage it wont matter as much.

Last edited:
This TJ looks so good on small tires no lift! What size tires are on it are they 215x75x15?
Non lifted TJ,s just look so right!

Hold onto it until spring. looks like you're from SC. Advertise around the ocean area and someone with a beach house will buy it as a fun summer toy. Half doors, manual, soft top, no frills has some attraction.

Reactions: Tob and MikekiM
Up here in the rust belt you'd probably want to hold it until spring as there is a definite season for jeeps. I would imagine $10k is about right. The 4 cylinder is tough, but that thing is so clean that helps a lot. Plus, at least for me, I love the fact that it's an all stock, unmolested canvas.

I wouldn't be a customer for a 4 cylinder, but man, I sure appreciate a clean TJ!

Reactions: Tob and JMT
30k at Davis Auto Sports
They're the biggest joke in Va, yet people pay their ridiculous prices to get quality Smittybilt parts and RC lifts. :rolleyes:
p.s. I often see their Jeeps trying to be resold at half what they paid DAS for them. A reality check for people with more dollars than sense.

This TJ looks so good on small tires no lift! What size tires are on it are they 215x75x15?
If you believe that, you'll believe your wife when she tells you she "prefers" a small penis, a guy who last for 3 minutes and that sigh was actually an orgasm and not a sigh of relief that the 3 minutes is up. 🤫

Last edited:

Those are some cute little tires on the white steel wheels.

OK, I'm pretty sure the wheels are silver but that fist picture threw me off. Kinda like the number of people that have told me they like my white Jeep.

Hey All,

Been lurking on and off over the years. Recently purchased a 2004 SE (manual) with 16,726 miles. Jeep is 100% stock and in fantastic shape (in my opinion). Has the 2.4 which I know some people aren’t huge fans of. Paints in great shape and there is no rust as it’s been in the south it’s entire existence. Half doors, vinyl seats. Original dark khaki top which had never been taken off prior to my purchase. As great as the Jeep is, I can’t find the time to drive it much with work and a newborn. Wanted to gather some opinions on what you all think it’s worth? I have a number in mind but wanted to post here prior to deciding whether to list it or not.

View attachment 277056

View attachment 277057

View attachment 277058

View attachment 277059

View attachment 277061

View attachment 277062

View attachment 277063

View attachment 277064

View attachment 277065
Try to get whatever you paid for it. $10,000 tops to someone that just wants a Jeep and has cash to burn. I paid $9,500 for my stock white 03' auto 4.0L with 27,000 miles on it. I also sold a 05' Willys edition with lots of mods and 14,500 miles on it for $22,000. Garage kept and mint condition with not one scratch or ding (kept it in my brother's heated 4 car garage).
p.s. My garage is actually my house. I'm happily married. 🥳
willys (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Hey All,

View attachment 277056

View attachment 277057

View attachment 277058

View attachment 277059

View attachment 277061

View attachment 277062

View attachment 277063

View attachment 277064

View attachment 277065
It’s tough to say. You’re really just waiting for the right buyer; either someone who is not planning to build the Jeep and just wants it to toot around, or a hardcore wheeler who wants to engine swap a nice one with low miles and make it something fantastic. Depending where you are, maybe $12k.

Reactions: Tob
Is that your firm offer? ;) $8,000 tops for a 4 cylinder with any low mileage for me. Extreme low mileage usually turns out to be a curse, from not being driven regularly.
There is a lot of truth to the low mileage curse. It often results in leaks from everywhere once you start driving it. As for the price, man I cannot believe what some of these are going for these days. I really think there is a window to get $10k for it now. I'm not sure how long that window will last, but I think it's a reality.

That being said, that $10k wouldn't come from me, but there is demand for clean TJs, and lots of people with too much money these days.

Is that your firm offer? ;) $8,000 tops for a 4 cylinder with any low mileage for me. Extreme low mileage usually turns out to be a curse, from not being driven regularly.
I’m not either one of those buyers, so no. 4 angry squirrels 🐿 were around $6000 about 8 months ago around here, now I’m seeing them for $9000. No way for me. Most I’d pay would be $3000 for a beater 4-cylinder with a good frame if I planned to do an engine swap, but it really doesn’t interest me.