What is my 2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon worth?

Salvage title isn't the end of the world, I've seen a salvage tj, a clean 2002 with 130k miles, go for 7000, but you're definitely not gonna get 15k with a rebuilt title. I would just hold on to it for a few more years, the value's only going to go up.

For the purpose of the op LJ rubi is pretty much as close as you're gonna get to "the holy grail". The Rubi Saharas not sure what could possibly be so great/different about them other than the limited number when they are just saharas on the outside with the guts of a rubi.

This is the article that people often see at the top of the google search page when googling "LJ".

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2004-to-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885

Also last thing the RUBICON sticker placement is huge!! Actual Rubicons get rejected by people off hand because they weren't sure based on the hood bodywork if it really was a rubicon or if it's been modified. And they aren't gonna take the time to check when surfing through dozens of ads.

Last edited:
You are probably right, Ive been watching craigslist and it seems like every guy who has a jeep just knows his is worth tons of money.... and don't even think about making an offer cause "I know what I have!

I’ve been driving my 89 YJ witch has a “salvaged” title for 29 years with no issues. The only real issue with a salvage title is that you can’t get comprehensive insurance on it. In my state you can request to have your vehicle declared totaled after almost any type of accidental damage. If the jeep was stolen and then recovered after the owner was paid out the the insurance company will sell it as salvaged. Less hassle for the insurance company and relieves them from any liability.
List it high and see if it sells. You can always lower your asking price. Sounds like you have time on your side and don’t need to sell quickly. List in on several Craigslist sites around your area.
That LJ listed on craigslist was listed at the same price when I was looking for one more than a month ago. I happily paid $22,500 and traveled 850 miles for mine.

I’ve been driving my 89 YJ witch has a “salvaged” title for 29 years with no issues. The only real issue with a salvage title is that you can’t get comprehensive insurance on it. In my state you can request to have your vehicle declared totaled after almost any type of accidental damage. If the jeep was stolen and then recovered after the owner was paid out the the insurance company will sell it as salvaged. Less hassle for the insurance company and relieves them from any liability.
List it high and see if it sells. You can always lower your asking price. Sounds like you have time on your side and don’t need to sell quickly. List in on several Craigslist sites around your area.
That LJ listed on craigslist was listed at the same price when I was looking for one more than a month ago. I happily paid $22,500 and traveled 850 miles for mine.
Yeah I almost thought I offended someone.

It actually IS the end of the world as far as value or resale is concerned. Having bought 18 Jeeps and looked at hundreds more, I can tell you with 100% certainty (is that a real word?) that I am right. Prove me wrong and give him $15,000 cash for it. 5 years from now you might get $5,000 IF you're lucky. I will omit my finders fee.:unsure:

p.s. Is your actual birthday December 6th? Mine too, only 100 years before you.:devilish:

For the record I'm not disagreeing with you on how bad it is for resale, just saying the jeeps not total garbage. I never said I would pay 15k or close to that.

And yes my birthday information is correct im a baby compared to everyone else on here.

It actually IS the end of the world as far as value or resale is concerned. Having bought 18 Jeeps and looked at hundreds more, I can tell you with 100% certainty (is that a real word?) that I am right. Prove me wrong and give him $15,000 cash for it. 5 years from now you might get $5,000 IF you're lucky. I will omit my finders fee.:unsure:

p.s. Is your actual birthday December 6th? Mine too, only 100 years before you.:devilish:
Not trying to be snotty but why have you bought 18 jeeps? Do you resell to make a profit?

Not trying to be snotty but why have you bought 18 jeeps? Do you resell to make a profit?
Tj fanatics man...they get one jeep then they think you know what would be better? Two! Then before you know they bought worked on and sold a dozen jeeps on the side just for fun.

I guess every man needs a hobby/vice. I own 2 myself out of 11 vehicles total. I use each one.
That's the life I want to live right there. 🤠 I got a TJ and LJ, and just today got my hands on an awd sedan so I don't have to dd my projects. If I'm lucky one day I'll have all sorts of ancient relics from a bygone era in my stables.

18K might be high with the salvage title. I bought mine 3 years ago, 05 LJR 67,000 miles rebuilt title for $13,500. I did the carfax thing learned the damage was to drivers front, 25K miles since rebuild, checked it over, drives fine. Be upfront with the buyers, some will be scared and some won't care. Look at the FB Jeep LJ Owners group, there's always someone looking to buy one.

I was going to say 18k is way low, until I saw salvage title.

Still, if it's in good shape and the damage was limited to the axle which you replaced, I wouldn't let it go for less than $15k. Heck, if I had the cash laying around I'd buy it at that price and sell mine.

Salvage title cars can be great buys if you don't care about resale.

18K might be high with the salvage title. I bought mine 3 years ago, 05 LJR 67,000 miles rebuilt title for $13,500. I did the carfax thing learned the damage was to drivers front, 25K miles since rebuild, checked it over, drives fine. Be upfront with the buyers, some will be scared and some won't care. Look at the FB Jeep LJ Owners group, there's always someone looking to buy one.
Thank you.

I was going to say 18k is way low, until I saw salvage title.

Still, if it's in good shape and the damage was limited to the axle which you replaced, I wouldn't let it go for less than $15k. Heck, if I had the cash laying around I'd buy it at that price and sell mine.

Salvage title cars can be great buys if you don't care about resale.
Thank you.