What is my 2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon worth?

To answer the O.P. thread title , I'm going to give you one answer that is always correct-what is anything worth?

What ever the market will bear.

Also there is another important factor- sellability. What it will bring doesn't count if money doesn't change hands.

We have some poor guy here trying to sell a 99, with a stroker, and an awful mix of lift parts and 20" wheels, for $20,000. Might get 10-12. This is a seller that doesn't understand what the market will hear..he thinks what he has spent has something to do with it.

Reactions: Rekinhavoc
This one is a week away from being sold as a rebuilt title. 🤣 But hey the Rubicon Sticker is properly placed

OIP.dD5is1b4h_NEt0ZtJZiqcQHaFj.jpeg

up a Rubi
There is a white and tan one in Alabama with 20,000 miles, immaculate. Guy is standing pat at 25k. You will run across one though.

There was a white/tan one in Georgia for 19,500, auto , low miles and they had ruined it.

Snorkel cut in, 6" lift, 20" tires...it was gross. I was sick.

Reactions: Jamison C
I have an 06 Rubi that was hit in the right rear wheel and laid on its left side...you can ask @Hog or @Claybirdd - it's actually a very nice TJ ...I'll never have more TJ for less invested.

I think it takes a different person to by a rebuilt or to rebuild.. maybe it's confidence, craziness or the ability to take risks...but I've done it a few times and it was never bad financially at all. Not even close.

Last one I drove a year and made a little ..this one I could sell in a day and make 2k easy... I've had a standing offer on it about as long as I've had it.

Whether it's been repaired or it's sitting there ready to be you've got to be able to look at one and have a pretty good idea of how hard of a lick it took and how well it's going to repair back.

Bless a poor TJ's heart ...these things can get bumped in a parking lot and insurance companies will total them... They just don't want to get into the mechanics of an older four-wheel drive if they think it has any possibility of drive train damage.
My father found it at a copart auction. He worked in the collision repair industry . In particular he sold frame machines and laser alignment systems. He could look at picture of a wrecked vehicle and tell you if it was worth fixing. He picked it up and called me. He drove it onto the trailer and when he got it to the shop he drove it around the block. The front drive shaft was bent. He put it on a frame machine and laser aligned it. Said it wasn't hit hard and that frame was super heavy duty. The front right wheel's camber was slightly off. We found another Rubicon front end. Took it to an alignment shop and boom lined right up and drives straight as an arrow. I knew the right guy lol.

My father found it at a copart auction. He worked in the collision repair industry . In particular he sold frame machines and laser alignment systems. He could look at picture of a wrecked vehicle and tell you if it was worth fixing. He picked it up and called me. He drove it onto the trailer and when he got it to the shop he drove it around the block. The front drive shaft was bent. He put it on a frame machine and laser aligned it. Said it wasn't hit hard and that frame was super heavy duty. The front right wheel's camber was slightly off. We found another Rubicon front end. Took it to an alignment shop and boom lined right up and drives straight as an arrow. I knew the right guy lol.
Key on a wrangler is avoid a hard front end lick that drives the shaft into the transfer case.

This was right front wheel. No issues with transfer case after replacing drive shaft and front end.
Cool , same with my 06 basically ...bent axle shaft. It can be a great way to by a TJ, especially one that might get wheeled hard anyway.