What is the best 2.5 inch lift kit for improved ride quality?

01saharatj

Hi, interested in putting a 2.5” lift kit on my 2001 Jeep Wrangler sahara 4.0I looking for best rout to go either a kit or peice meal? Looking for quality shocks good springs and steering stabilizer etc. thanks any help appreciated.

Pick whatever 2” or 2.5” springs you’d like. The general consensus for shocks and a cheap price and good ride is rancho 5000x or blackmax from skyjacker.

I’ve run the RC springs with Rancho shocks and liked the ride. OME also has some customizability in spring rates depending on your intended use for the Jeep

You can go with virtually any steering stabilizer you want as well. I’ve ran OME, ZONE, RC and FOX and thought they were all fairly similar minus the FOX and RC. Fox seems to push my steering wheel and the RC seals wore out too quickly. If you’re steering is setup correctly a stabilizer won’t do much.

At that lift you’ll likely get vibes do to the rear driveshaft angle. The easiest and cheapest way to fix them will be to add some washers between the frame and skid plate (lowering it) until the vibrations go away.

Hope it helps!

I have the OME springs and Blackmax shocks. I am happy with these, but have no experience of alternative lift components to compare them to. No vibration, maybe due to the fact I also did a body lift and motor mount lift.

Reactions: imahnu
I have the OME springs and Blackmax shocks. I am happy with these, but have no experience of alternative lift components to compare them to. No vibration, maybe due to the fact I also did a body lift and motor mount lift.
The motor mount lift will definitely help alot. I ran the same thing for about a month before adding everything else for a TT

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I don't know anything about the Blackmax shocks but I can vouch for the great ride and superb offroad control I had with my previous Rancho RS5000x shocks. I wish I still had them instead of my current Rancho RS9000xl shocks.