What is the best replacement hood latch out there?

Stretch

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all,
Was sanding my fenders to repaint and remove rust...tried taking my good latches off... Ended up cutting them off as bolts on both sides just spun.

Wondering what's the best latch replacement out there? What have you used/seen/had success with? I need to get an order in today as it's my DD in the summer. Cheers!

Thanks Chris! Looking to buy a set of OEM ... Right now here in Calgary they are back ordered over a month from the dealership... Trying to source... Maybe quadratec or other... Fingers crossed.

Have you tried Amazon Canada by chance?

Reactions: Stretch
I installed the ones from Drake, have already did the Daystar replacement parts and lost both of those on last yrs trip. I don't care for the looks of the drake ones but the hood doesn't move anymore.

I can tell you do not buy the cheap ones off eBay. I bought a set for a friends TJ and the rubber broke 4 months later. Stay with Mopar.

Ended up with these from Kentrol. No rubber... Very solid.... I’m a big fan ... thankful
A331EC71-8685-4197-A71E-59671DC217EF.jpeg

Got rid of hood bounce on a JK and my LJ with metal ones. At least one set was Rugged Ridge, about $50ish new. those are at least 5 years old, I'm sure there's newer options available.

I like the Drakes, although, these are the Drake knock-offs they look a Hellavu lot better than stock and definately work 100 X's better. Eliminates hood flutter 100%.
IMG_1291.JPG