What is the best suspension lift for my 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ?

no budget, I just want it to look great for my 16yo daughter I'm giving it to

In that case, I would highly recommend 31" or 32" tires, and a 2" lift using OME or BDS springs, and Rancho RS5000X shocks.

That will give you a nice setup without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money. It will also looks great, as those size tires fit nicely on TJs.

Reactions: Ante_Up
In that case, I would highly recommend 31" or 32" tires, and a 2" lift using OME or BDS springs, and Rancho RS5000X shocks.

That will give you a nice setup without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money. It will also looks great, as those size tires fit nicely on TJs.
thank you

Just a heads up, I have the OME and love it, rides great. Not cheap but well worth it. Do your homework.

As a father, I feel a duty to add this on these threads -

Giving your 16 year old daughter a lifted TJ means instant boyfriends.

Those little perverts think they are Parnelli Jones when they see that TJ and everything goes downhill from there .

After that , it's only a few Florida Georgia line songs 'til she ends up living in a van down by the river.

Where is my gun?

Now where were we? What was this thread about?

Keep it around 2" inches , 31-32" tires, put blind spot mirrors on it, show her videos of wrecks without seatbelts ...moreso motorcycle wrecks with no helmet, because that's about what wrecking a Jeep with no seatbelt amounts to , with 3500 more pounds on your head.

All the age old concern about Jeep instability goes back to CJ-5's with big tires , she is fine in a TJ if belted in and drives normal, they are very tough , safe vehicles with a wider wheel base than their predecessors.

Now , back to the little perverts....meet 'em at the door, and say son, I ain't afraid to go BACK to prison. Makes my skin crawl ....

Last edited:
⬆️⬆️⬆️ paint the Jeep with a brush. House paint works best. Remove at least 2 sparkplug wires. Strap something to the driveshaft so it shakes and makes a good awful noise. Remove radio. Remove back seat.
Now it is ready. Even this won't keep all the little perverts from trying to climb on. They will use the "my dad's a TV repairman. He has an awesome set of tools!" line. Also installing a gps tracker (hey, if it's ok for the Gov't then it's good enough for us) that keeps time and location data. Make her watch the video of mom giving birth.
AND HOPE THIS CORONA SEPARATION LASTS!

Reactions: AndyG