What is the best tire sealant?

TJartist

I am not looking for sealant for jeep tires but for all my other tires like several riding lawn tractors, UTV's, trailers, garden tractors etc. I am in the process of tearing a building down and some nails escape my careful eye on the way to the burn pile. Also I live in Amish country and have gotten flats from the horse shoe nails used to nail the horse shoe to the hoof. a big inconvenience out in the country in the middle of no where. There seem to be many brands on the market and I have used some of them, but do they really work? Tire repair guys hate there use and I can understand why. But I can't afford to spend a day taking a tire off and driving 1 hr to a city to wait all day to get it repaired if the tire sealant will solve the problem before it happens. I plan on putting it in all my tires before the season starts in spring. Thanks for any info

I have used many different brands for my tubeless bicycle tires and it can be very effective. I don’t care much for it in automotive tires. The nail or screw usually plugs the hole better until it’s repaired properly. If you must use something, use the Slime brand with the little black particles in it. It will help the nail/screw hold air better. You will still need to top off the air depending on how much you lose. It’s no where near a permanent fix. When it gets wet it will start to leak.

Better to carry a tire plug kit and just fix it right. Carry a co2 tank(or some sort of compressor of your choice) to top off pressure.

Reactions: Jablinski
You should look into foam filled tires for your lawn mower (or any other low speed tire)

Reactions: ColoJeep