What is the best wheel offset to go with 35X12.5 tires?

Yekel07

What is the best rim offset to go with 35 12.5s ? My Jeep has a 4 inch lift with tube fenders front and back. I’m trying to decide between offset rims either 15 in or 17. I currently am running 35 12.5 17s but I’m using 1.5 in wheel spacers and would like to get rims that are offset already for the new tires I’m getting. Any suggestions would help thanks.

To convert ...

Wheel Backspacing.jpg

3.75" of backspacing on an 8" wide wheel will have tread protrude 2" from Rubicon flares or 3" from standard flares. Sidewall will protrude a bit more. 6.5" flares will barely cover the tread

Either 15 or 17 should be fine. There may be more options available in 17x8 for wheels and tires. If you ever go to a big brake kit, you can get kits that will fit 15, 16, or 17 inch rims. Generally the 15 or 16 big brake kit is more than sufficient for 35" tires.

Go with whichever looks better to you

If you won’t go bigger than 35” get 15x8’s. If you have larger aspirations then get 17’s.

I'm going to raise this thread from the grave because I don't like starting new ones if I can just add on.

3.75 is ideal and I'm assuming anything lower will work also? When does it get too low?

I'm going to raise this thread from the grave because I don't like starting new ones if I can just add on.

3.75 is ideal and I'm assuming anything lower will work also? When does it get too low?

General rule of thumb is every inch you lift it your wheels need to go out an inch if you lift it 2 inches you wanna go with 1 inch offset…or more,but like you said 3.75 is pretty common…wider the better who wants their tires tucked neatly under their wheel wells and abide the law 😄

Reactions: RHanna