What is this thing inside the power steering reservoir?

Here is the "gadget" that came with the power steering reservoir for my 97 TJ. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5642.JPG

Hello everyone. The part for my power steering reservoir was missing a part along with the tank. Thank you for your help. Just waiting on the new part to arrive.

Reactions: Daryl
Hello everyone. The part for my power steering reservoir was missing a part along with the tank. Thank you for your help. Just waiting on the new part to arrive.
Can you post a picture of all the pieces once you receive them?

I haven't received the part yet, but here are the two parts needed. (they only sent me the one on the right in the picture.) Still not sure how to get them into the tank, properly. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. And I have never seen these parts before now.

IMG_5645.JPG

Reactions: Daryl
I haven't received the part yet, but here are the two parts needed. (they only sent me the one on the right in the picture.) Still not sure how to get them into the tank, properly. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. And I have never seen these parts before now.

View attachment 165176
Thanks for posting that. Wish I had an answer for you. Maybe it’s a 2.5L thing. Let us know if you figure it out to help people who visit this thread in the future.