What light bulbs do I need for the HVAC controls on my 97 TJ?

High Line

Hi, I'm new here. I bought a 97 TJ in August of 17, and I've been trying to show it some TLC a little bit at a time. The lights in my heater control haven't worked since I got it, and I expected that its just the bulbs that needed to be replaced. I did quite a bit of searching and ordered these T4 LED bulbs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVXTSEK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

but they're way too small, and I don't know if they just sent me the wrong thing or if it just doesn't use a T4. Everything I've seen says it does. I only have heat, No A/C Please help.

what bulbs were in the control panel when you took it out?

superbrightleds says a 97 uses either 194's or 74's

I think the 194's are for the instrument panel and the 74's are for the HVAC panel

I got 74's for the instrument cluster, but I haven't changed them yet. The ones in the heater we're a really small push in with a twist in socket housing. They look like a 194, but alot smaller.

Doug

Thanks for the thread High Line! After I read it, i checked my 97 nu to moi TJ and pulled out my heater controls, visually checked the bulbs - no shinola - but when i checked conductivity they were GOOD! I could tell these 2 were original bulbs based on the amount of lint collected over the years.
I cleaned off the lint, wiggled the 2 bulbs and wham , bam, ..... they now work! Not we'll, but I felt like I found buried treasure lol.
So I ordered the led replacements. Thanks bud!