What makes you smile about your TJ?

Reading all of you guys posts and seeing the enthusiasm you still have for your TJs has me so excited to own one. Just thinking about cruising in the sun with the top off and my dogs in the back makes me feel like a kid at Christmas again! You guys are real enthusiasts, I'm glad I joined!

-It's a vehicle that gives me everything I need and nothing I don't;
-It's a vehicle that reminds me that I am driving, rather than sitting on a cushy arm chair surrounded by a bunch of gadgets;
-It's a vehicle that I enjoy looking at almost as much as driving;
-It's a vehicle that my 6 year old loves almost as much as I do, if not more;
-It's a vehicle that has a history, a slice of Americana that will unlikely be replicated again.

Love the individual personality of both mine and my 16 year old sons - the noises, funny leak spots, different add ons, and that carefree feeling you get just hopping in an going for a drive. Also love the "family" feeling from other TJ Enthusiast - always ready and happy to help each other.

Reactions: Malteser and Yuan
Like so many have said, the open air experience can't be beat. Changing it to suit me, there are so many accessories available it's amazing. I have a sportscar, a pickup, and a motorcycle yet my 20+ year old Jeep is my favorite to drive.

Just combine all the posts above ....that's me. I've had 9 jeeps...they make a trip to the store to get ice a blast. They give the freedom of a bike , the safety of a car and you can share it with everyone that gets in.

I can attest that the TJ has a little bit of the feel that all the other Jeeps had.. nimble... agile.... But way more comfortable.

With the older jeeps being antiques basically, and very utilitarian...and everything '07 and later being an entirely different animal, and more of an SUV, the TJ is the best civilian package Jeep has produced in the vein of the original concept.

Driving through Ireland should be a blast....go for it. You don't even need the luck of the Irish.

Having the ability to drive around town all summer long like this 😁🍻

20200607_175625.jpg

It’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to touching the feeling of being 4 years old laying in the back yard with a toy truck rolling it around in the dirt, the very definition of pure happiness. While the wine women & song replaced that in the later years, every time I jump in that Jeep an indestructible smile slides across my face as it shoots me back in time to childlike happiness that’s unmistakable & unattainable in any other way.
Ditto Ditto Ditto😃

It looks like you haven’t found one yet, so I’ll give you a fair warning. Owners of chili pepper red jeeps have a higher divorce rate, because women just can’t resist the color !!!😜😜😜

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Malteser
Windshield down, because why not?

Can you tell which bugs taste like what yet? 😁
Taste, not yet. I'm usually getting hit in the head from all angles, lol. Here's one over the summer, I was adjusting my shades, got hit on forehead really hard, then it hit my hand and down my shades.

20200824_140456.jpg

Last edited:
My other car is a 2009 Mini Cooper S. In its 135k mile life, it has needed a new engine, new transmission, 3 clutches, 3 timing chain cassettes, 3 high pressure fuel pumps, a new radio, and a new valve cover. The only thing out of there that I've been able to replace on my own is 1 of the high pressure fuel pumps.

My '05 TJ is the easiest-to-work-on vehicle I've ever owned. In my driveway alone, I've replaced all control arms, the entire steering assembly, the rear end, brakes all around including hard lines, the catalytic converters, and the radiator.

As fun as my Mini is to drive, the BMW reliability and engineering has soured the taste of any car with that many computerized components shoved into such a tiny space. The Jeep is the complete opposite.

And nothing beats driving with the top down and doors off while blasting some good tunes.

Last edited:
To me, it’s like driving a little toy truck. Turns on a dime, rolls over most anything, squeezes through, around, and even under (sometimes) places other vehicles just can’t go!

And that makes me yee-haw like the Dukes of Hazzard with a big assed grin on my face!
Ha! That’s why I have the Dixie horns on mine. It makes me grin ear to ear every time I blast em. I try to be selective in using them cause they can get on ppls nerves.

Today it was jumping my 2019 rubicon electrical nightmare with our trusty 04 willys TJ, old school simple won the day makes me smile every time. I cant wait to get our 01 back together after some major rust repair so I can unload the 19....its a nice jeep but way over complicated and doesn't even come close to making me as happy as our TJ's.

Like many others said- Top and doors off and blaring classic rock.

I love being able to work it and of course feel like I’m actually driving it which is a feeling that is hard, if not impossible, to find in modern cars.

Reactions: Malteser and Zorba