What music makes you feel good about being alive?

What's funny is during the 90's I felt like I was born 10 years later than I was supposed to be because I always preferred stuff from the 70s and 80s. I still like older stuff but nostalgia has improved my perception of the 90s. No lie, probably the last 3 concerts I've been to have been 90's cover bands.

You're correct about it being every style...just looking at mainstream rock, it's interesting to look back at the pendulum swings from the partying and excesses of the hair bands of the 80s, to the more simply produced and serious grunge, then back to a lighter, more fun tone in the mid-late 90s alternative, then the post grunge stuff. If I have a memory that I can't quite place the year for, I just have to look up the music I associate with that time and see what year it was popular. One genre that I think got worse instead of better in the 90s was metal. That's when even the harsh scream vocals that still at least carried a note really became widely replaced by cookie monster growling and I stopped even looking for new metal to listen to. It's really a shame because there is some masterfully written and performed stuff out there instrumentally, and then they have to go ruin it with "the most annoying sound in the world".

View attachment 345743

I do the same when it comes to putting a date and place to something. I joined the Army in 1982 and retired 21 years later in 2004. I might get asked, "When were you in Bosnia?" I put myself there in my mind, and what music was new, and I have my answer. In this case it was 95' and Millions of Peaches was always on AFN Radio.

Can't beat Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Bob Seger, The Doors, but enjoy finding new stuff like Little Hurricane.
Mt. Senorita is a favorite.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low