What other cool vehicles have you owned?

Now my LBC's( Little British Cars)...

68 Triumph Spitfire smaller.jpg
It needed a top when I bought it as you can see. I put a cassette deck under the passenger seat. I came out of the local bar one night and someone had stolen the cassette deck and left the 2 speakers that were worth more than the deck. It was the car before the Party van. Totaled when a girl pulled out of a driveway and stopped half in my lane, sideswiped put a dent in the left side right at the top of the tires and bent both wire wheels. Just a patch of BRG paint of the end of her front bumper.....

69 Triumph GT6+ in the sun.jpg
The GT6+ was a little rocket. Spitfire body with a fastback roof, 2 liter 6 cylinder engine and 4 speed trans with an electric overdrive. I rebuilt the 4 speed after the pilot bearing on the output shaft seized because of no oil shortly after I bought it.I had to tear it down and rebuild it again because I put a washer in the wrong place and did not have 3rd gear. I had this and the El camino at the same time, because I learned with the Spitfire that you need to have 2 cars when you own a LBC. I put a header on it, and had the rear shock mounts on the body rebuilt. Backed it into a telephone pole one snowy, icy night. Could have been fixed if I had had the money.... Hubcaps are 5 lug, actual wheels had 4.....They were stock from the factory. I must have bought it in1976, because I have pictures of it covered in snow, because a couple of my friends volunteered to shovel out my driveway and they buried it.... They piled most of the snow in the back of the EL Camino...

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
I can try clearing some noise and sharpening but it's not gonna do much since the original image isn't the greatest to work with there. Can try again if you like, but may not get much better.
Thanks, I know you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.....

I was and still am into old Toyotas. Got into wheeling with a tacoma/dd. Then into mini trucks because they were cheap. They aren't now.

Had a miata for a while for fun road shenanigans and dd. There was an 85 k10 short bed and 92 dodge dakota with a 318 in there too.

Kids came and needed more space along with always wanting a jeep which brought on the LJ.

FB_IMG_1520622952077.jpg

FB_IMG_1645471103180.jpg

FB_IMG_1510099497476.jpg

20200307_164955.jpg

Reactions: Cheesy and Squatch