What percentage of the braking power comes from the rear brakes?

Pugaroo

Supporting Member
Just got done putting new rear brake shoes on the jeep. Also did the wheel cylinders, drums, and all new hardware. It was my first time ever doing drums but everything went surprisingly well. I was out test driving and it seems to be braking fine. My question is, if anyone knows, is what percentage of the braking power is supplied by he rears?

Just got done putting new rear brake shoes on the jeep. Also did the wheel cylinders, drums, and all new hardware. It was my first time ever doing drums but everything went surprisingly well. I was out test driving and it seems to be braking fine. My question is, if anyone knows, is what percentage of the braking power is supplied by he rears?
25-30%. It's limited to that amount by the brake proportioning valve to prevent rear brake lockups which can throw a vehicle out of control.

25-30%. It's limited to that amount by the brake proportioning valve to prevent rear brake lockups which can throw a vehicle out of control.
I saw in another post that you mentioned the E-T Conical Seat Lug Nuts for short wheel studs. When I put the wheels back on I noticed my studs were shorter due to the new drum face being thicker. Would these lugs work on moab wheels?

I saw in another post that you mentioned the E-T Conical Seat Lug Nuts for short wheel studs. When I put the wheels back on I noticed my studs were shorter due to the new drum face being thicker. Would these lugs work on moab wheels?
Sorry I can't say but I'd try them first. 1/2x20 is the thread you want.