What psi for 17 inch JK wheels on my TJ?

Tzerambo

TJ Enthusiast
So I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with jk 17 inch wheels on it but when I go to air my tires up I was curious do I need to air them to what my sticker on the body tells me to which is 29 psi or what the sticker on a jk says to air the tires up to since my tires are from a jk. And I don’t know what the jk door sticker says to air it up to. Anyone know what to do?

7CC5C583-40B7-42CF-B348-84A5F5BF6682.jpeg

AA101385-DFF6-4813-BF41-7F58A744889C.jpeg

Same tires, lower pressure to comfort. TJ weighs a lot less then JK. View attachment 101230

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yes that’s what I am think but I’m trying to diagnose my death wobble and I was wondering if doing the tire press or could help. I am thinking that my death wobble is caused by worm tie rod because my track bar looks fine and I replaced the steering stabilizer. My death wobble only happens when I go over 65 mph what do you think I should do

It will definitely ride a lot better with that psi, that's for sure! Anything more than that and the ride will suck.

Reactions: Tzerambo
What does tire say?
Tire sidewall lists the maximum cold PSI needed to carry its maximum rated load. That number should be mostly be ignored for deciding what pressure to run in an automobile, unless you are hauling something super heavy at max load. Recommended pressure is determined by load as specified in the tire manufacturers load inflation tables.

Simpler answer...just try what @Chris and @S.McArthur suggested since these are known comfort zones for the TJ’s weight and this tire size. If your rig is much heavier than stock, then the higher end in the suggested range might be a better starting point. For a lighter stock rig, you can likely set a lower in the suggested range.

Reactions: PNBLD and Tzerambo