What should I expect to pay for a clutch replacement?

pdxjeep

So I’m thinking my 2005 6-Speed needs a clutch and throw out bearing and other fun stuff while they are in there. I’ll be having a shop do it - what is the best and worse case price point

Depends on location and hourly rate... I'd guess around $1k. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. $800-$1200?

Reactions: Daryl
I would recommend/suggest a Luk clutch and pressure plate, National throw out bearing and pilot shaft bearing, plus a new Luk flywheel. If you buy the Luk clutch kit, their throw out bearings are junk. Do it right the first time and don't look back.

I purchased all the parts and had a local fella do the labor for $250-- I pretty well thought that was a very good deal for the labor end of it. If the flywheel is not heat/stress cracking, no need to spend the extra $ for it & the freight to ship it- just skuff it and re-use

The LUK clutch kit is definitely the way to go, but I would suggest you use a Mopar or Timken throwout bearing.
This is one piece you don't want to cheap out and go with a Chinese knock off.
Timken is a quality name in bearings much the same as Spicer is with U joints.
Years ago when I replaced the clutch for my '98 XJ 4.0L AX-15 the LUK clutch kit came with a branded TOB that I didn't recognize. I researched and found a Timken TOB to use...

Timken TOB

713UmC8J08L._AC_SL1500_.jpg