What so you think about this head unit and speaker setup?

woody367

TJ Enthusiast
So my 97 has a ALPINE head unit and someone put 4" speakers in the dash using zip ties and they are broken. I am thinking of replacing the head unit with a JVC KD-TD71BT and was looking at the dash speakers Pioneer TS-A462F A-Series 4"x6" 3-way car speakers

not looking to spend alot or for big sound. What do you think? Is the speakers going to be good or should I go with 5.25" round. Am I going to notice any difference seeing it is nothing hig power?

I went with some jl audio speakers in sound pods with polyfill in both the pods and original sound bar, they sound great and I can turn it up to listen at 80 down the freeway without doors or roof, I'm extremely happy with them

7 has a ALPINE head unit and someone put 4" speakers in the dash using zip ties and they are broken. I am thinking of replacing the head unit with a JVC KD-TD71BT and was looking at the dash speakers Pioneer TS-A462F A-Series 4"x6" 3-way car speakers

not looking to spend alot or for big sound. What do you think? Is the speakers going to be good or should I go with 5.25" round. Am I going to notice any difference seeing it is nothing hig power?
Buy a Pioneer head unit, they use MOSFET amplifier chips which are better,

Those speakers only have an 88 dB sensitivity rating which means they require more wattage to drive than those with a higher sensitivity rating. I'd stick with a speaker that has no less than a 90 dB or higher sensitivity rating. dB's work like this... a speaker with an 88 dB sensitivity rating will require 2x the watts to produce the same SPL (sound pressure level) as a speaker with a 91 dB sensitivity rating. Which just means you'd probably want to add an external amplifier for the Pioneer speakers but probably not for speakers with a 90-91 or higher dB sensitivity rating.

DB and Kicker automotive speakers commonly have 90 dB or higher sensitivity ratings.

Reactions: Zorba
Ok, went on Crutchfeild and they have KICKER and POLK 5.25" woth 90dB sensitivity and POLK and KENWOOD 4x6 with 90dB sensitivity. Is round better then the 4x6 or it does not matter? All are 2-way speakers. And I do not have a center bass console and do not think I really need it.

Just bought some of these speakers and running them off head unit, they sound absolutely fantastic,

KICKER CSC65 CS Series 6.5 Inch​