What springs for 4" lift on 5000 lb. LJ Rubicon?

g.hayduke

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So my Jeep is heavy, about 5,000 lbs with 2 people, hard top, back seat, tools, recovery gear, and a full tank of gas.

My current 2" OME lift is only giving me an actual inch or so. I want/need 4" of suspension lift for 35" tires. I already have 1.25" BL.

So does anyone have a good spring/shock combo that provides about 4" of lift and good performance on a heavy Jeep?

Thanks in advance

Has anyone run BDS 4.5" springs? Fronts are 034451. Rears are 034459.

Thinking these might at least get me to 3.5" on my heavy rig.

Currie springs would be my choice.
I called RockJock (Currie) and they said they don't have anything that would provide 4" of lift on jeep as heavy as mine. Would probably only get maybe 3".

So my Jeep is heavy, about 5,000 lbs with 2 people, hard top, back seat, tools, recovery gear, and a full tank of gas.

My current 2" OME lift is only giving me an actual inch or so. I want/need 4" of suspension lift for 35" tires. I already have 1.25" BL.

So does anyone have a good spring/shock combo that provides about 4" of lift and good performance on a heavy Jeep?

Thanks in advance
RE 3.5" springs would get you very close seeing as they give about 5" of lift on a normal weight rig. Don't expect them to stay in the bucket if you outboard.

Thanks in advance
In case no one else mentions it, you should endeavor to not be a victim of the rule of boxes.

In case no one else mentions it, you should endeavor to not be a victim of the rule of boxes.

OK, I don't want to be a victim of anything. I googled "rule of boxes" and other stuff trying to find out what that means and got nothing useful. Please tell me/us about the rule of boxes.

you gone to more than one scale?

2 scales, 20lbs difference. I carry a lot of tools, Power Tank, hard top, full doors. Tank was almost full. It's an LJR. Is yours an LJ?

4800 on 1 scale, 4820 on the other. That's with just me. Add my wife and some snacks, drinks, and we're 5K easy.

With camping gear, food, and extra fuel, even more.

Currie springs would be my choice.
This.

4” here

E015743D-63BA-424B-BFB9-7F65D4B73E06.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
A buddy tried Currie springs on his heavy TJ Unlimited (4,800 lbs) and complained about how little lift then swapped in OME 4” springs which he really liked.