What tires / wheels do you run (or should I run) on 2.4 engine?

How much work are you willing to do, and what are you willing to spend?

Personally if I had a 4cyl, I would do narrow 33 inch tires and 3-4” of lift. Perhaps 33x10.5, 2.5” SL, and 1.25” BL. Add in a tucked skid and you could do a lot.

Anything larger than a narrow 33, such as a 33x12.5 or a 35 will likely be too much for the 4cyl and will be to drive.

The most important thing with the 4 cylinder will be regearing. You will likely want a deep ratio like 5.13 for something like 33s. Otherwise it will be very frustrating to drive. (Consider adding in lockers and Super 30/35 kits at the same time as regearing.)

If you’re not concerned about maxing out the platform, 31s are a great budget friendly option, and can be run with only minor modifications. 32s are somewhere in between. 31s and a small lift would be great fun for mild trails.

I’ve been running 31x10.5 on the stock rims with no lift and 3.73 gears for about 10 years. Not had any problems and keep up with traffic just fine.

I have 33's, 17x8, BFG's with my 4cy 5 speed, no lift without any issues. Granted, I have to run my gears out just hair farther, which actually works better for me where I drive, but really not an issue (rarely get over 55mph).
Of course, I could never take it off road except for flats like this, but that's okay because I never leave the pavement anyways.
IMG_1266.JPG

Reactions: Chris
I wouldn’t go larger than 33s, but I would try to stay around 31”.