What TJ I should buy?

Limited slip would be ok for light trails, some logging roads etc. Even open diffs do that well.

I think you will run into most folks around here that probably started off like you, "I just want a simple Jeep to have some fun in", but that is just the gateway drug, before long you will be looking at tons and 40's and counting your pennies.

Oldtimer , I get the 33's with 4.88's it takes that to run them . The 4 banger I drove with 33's Monday had the stock 4.10 gears and was stupid . I put it in 4 wheel drive at the end of my test drive and it sounded like I turned on a garbage disposal . 33's are hard on everything , it had 139,000 on it and was starting to get the wobble at 45 mph .
I don't like the 33's with the lift ...must have been 3" ..... I had a hard time getting in it .... no grab holds at all and I'm 6 foot tall . Okay go ahead and laugh ! I just think some mods don't make since !

Limited slip would be ok for light trails, some logging roads etc. Even open diffs do that well.

I think you will run into most folks around here that probably started off like you, "I just want a simple Jeep to have some fun in", but that is just the gateway drug, before long you will be looking at tons and 40's and counting your pennies.
Nope ! You must understand I sold a 73 Bronco a few years back that was uncut and ran 31's with a 302 and was told the same thing .... oh you will cut it and throw bigger tires . I never did and it looked like it did the whole time I had it fully restored like new uncut and 31's .... my friend across the street would call me to come pull his out of the mud ! I'm like you see the tire marks going around that ..... what where you thinking ? He was like I just wanted to see if I could make it ......as he stood there with mud all the way up to his butt ......well I hope we can get it out because you aren't riding home in my Bronco . I pulled him right out ... he's younger than me .

Last edited:

HYRYSC , I see you are running the type of fender flares I want to do on the jeep I buy. How do you like them ... I'm guessing you are running 33's with a bit of a lift. I will be running 31's no lift to slight leveling with wheels maybe sticking out just a bit over stock. Do you think I will rub at all with this setup?
Thanks William