What tools do you bring on the trail with you?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Curious to know what tools you guys bring on the trail with you to work on your rig?

The first thing is a bag to put the tools in. Awhile ago I ran across army surplus canvas tool bags at a surplus store. Perfect for a Jeep tool bag.

upload_2015-11-1_12-20-38.jpeg

upload_2015-11-1_12-21-19.jpeg

OK, those gotta be edited for size!

And you can't beat a nice canvas bag! Canvas is very durable and rugged. The next must have is the stock bottle jack!

That's a really good list here. That would be some really good thing to bring along with you for sure. I also bring stuff like that with me as well. I never leave without it actually.

And you can't beat a nice canvas bag! Canvas is very durable and rugged. The next must have is the stock bottle jack!
How can I use my stock bottle jack with a lifted vehicle? Small piece of a 4×4 wooden block?

How can I use my stock bottle jack with a lifted vehicle? Small piece of a 4×4 wooden block?

I don't think the stock bottle jack will be enough, even with a piece of wood. I use a heavy duty hack I got from harbor freight that has a ton of up travel to it.

the factory jack, under the axle, will lift a Wrangler with 35s off ground.
when you lift under the axle how much lift your jeep has is irrelevant.

Reactions: 05LJ
the factory jack, under the axle, will lift a Wrangler with 35s off ground.
when you lift under the axle how much lift your jeep has is irrelevant.
That's what I was curious about. Reaching the axle but I only have 33s. My stock jack looks too small. I haven't used it but I guess I need to make a trial run in the driveway first too see just how far it will go.
Thanks

That's what I was curious about. Reaching the axle but I only have 33s. My stock jack looks too small. I haven't used it but I guess I need to make a trial run in the driveway first too see just how far it will go.
Thanks

You should be completely fine. Give it a try in the driveway just for good measure.

Thanks

It'll work. Tested it before. Still had room to go. And I've seen pictures of them lifting 35's - which only life the axle 1" higher than 33's do.

Reactions: Chris
image.jpg
When I went offroading with my buddy I was over prepared lol. I brought a shovel, countless tools, a saw, extra gas, etc. I actually even took a picture of what I brought.

Reactions: Chris