What would you change?

RockDog

What would you change about my build so far? I’m ready to work on it some more!
looking for input, ideas, suggestions, constructive criticism, examples, etc.

360B1466-FCBB-48DF-A817-12D2598526A8.jpeg

609D3341-1270-4529-B0F8-5A65B08153B1.jpeg

7008BD34-2818-40C6-A856-FB16AAE8465C.jpeg

32CFC2EA-0E21-494D-88A8-A4E37B9BD476.jpeg

2D401A59-C091-4DCF-8703-0AA6497B02EB.jpeg

D833AD0A-39B8-4615-9FFA-080E1F15225B.jpeg

Reactions: L J
I'd change out the rear bumper for one with an integral receiver to to eliminate the low hanging addon there now. Or just delete the receiver if I didn't need/want it. Or at the very least, I'd lose the milk jugs.

And I'd never post a picture of my license plate on the Internet...

Nice looking Jeep, I like it!

What 's your intended usage? What have you done so far? Engine? Transmission? Axles? Gearing?
What do you do with cargo rack?
It’s my daily driver but I take it on off-road camping trips a couple times a month.
4.0 L engine, manual, axles and gearing are all stock- I could really upgrade my axles and regear. I use the rack for all sorts of stuff- cargo boxes on big road trips (Me and 3 friends just got back from a Jeep camping trip from Athens, Georgia to Zion, Utah and had all our stuff on the top), kayaks, surf boards, Christmas trees, etc.

I'd change out the rear bumper for one with an integral receiver to to eliminate the low hanging addon there now. Or just delete the receiver if I didn't need/want it. Or at the very least, I'd lose the milk jugs.

Good point- and thanks!
What’s the actual danger in posting my license plate on the internet? What information can people get that would be dangerous?

What’s the difference in the thousands of people who could have looked at his plate driving around in a day?

What’s the difference in the thousands of people who could have looked at his plate driving around in a day?
I've always wondered the same thing myself. It's why I never worry about it.

It’s my daily driver but I take it on off-road camping trips a couple times a month.
4.0 L engine, manual, axles and gearing are all stock- I could really upgrade my axles and regear. I use the rack for all sorts of stuff- cargo boxes on big road trips (Me and 3 friends just got back from a Jeep camping trip from Athens, Georgia to Zion, Utah and had all our stuff on the top), kayaks, surf boards, Christmas trees, etc.

Well since you don't use it for serious wheeling you could regear but before you do think about what your plans are for a lift & larger tires. If those are in your future then wait until you do so that you aren't regearing more than once.

Reactions: Alex01
I've always wondered the same thing myself. It's why I never worry about it.

Well since you don't use it for serious wheeling you could regear but before you do think about what your plans are for a lift & larger tires. If those are in your future then wait until you do so that you aren't regearing more than once.
I’m not going any higher than my 33s. I’m pretty content with my lift too. Do you think my wheels or fender combo looks bad?

Reactions: Alex01
I’m not going any higher than my 33s. I’m pretty content with my lift too. Do you think my wheels or fender combo looks bad?

No I like the look of your setup right now. I would look at regearing it to a 4.56 gear and then also think about either a LSD or selectable lockers. One good limited slip is a Ture Trac which is a gear driven limited slip.

Never give away information that you just don't have to. Its easy enough to blank out the LP number, serial numbers on firearms, etc, etc - so why not do it? Somebody, somewhere can use ANYTHING to your detriment if they really want to. Make yourself a small target. What if someone calls in a complaint about that asshole in the Jeep with Ga plate ######? Granted, its virtually certain that not much would come of it, but do you really want the hassle? There are low lifes out there who would do such things just for "entertainment".

Reactions: 06lj
Never give away information that you just don't have to. Its easy enough to blank out the LP number, serial numbers on firearms, etc, etc - so why not do it? Somebody, somewhere can use ANYTHING to your detriment if they really want to. Make yourself a small target. What if someone calls in a complaint about that asshole in the Jeep with Ga plate ######? Granted, its virtually certain that not much would come of it, but do you really want the hassle? There are low lifes out there who would do such things just for "entertainment".
A plate can be used by somebody very motivated. I don't worry to much about it but do still blur my plate when I think of it. I, however, would strongly recommend a more anonymous user name.

Back to the main subject. Gears if the immediate budget allows. If your just looking for a project I would personally get an SYE to eliminate the transfer case drop. But really it's your Jeep and do whatever project you will enjoy the most.

Reactions: Zorba
A plate can be used by somebody very motivated. I don't worry to much about it but do still blur my plate when I think of it. I, however, would strongly recommend a more anonymous user name.
Oh, absolutely. That's rule #1: Never, *EVER* use your legal name on the Internet. Now we have two pieces of data for free, we know who owns that Jeep too!

Reactions: RFAASRMA
I wouldn’t do anything cosmetic to it but that’s just my opinion. I like the mostly stock look with the lift (4”?) and bigger tires. Definitely upgrade the gearing and axles even if you’re only occasionally wheeling. If you’re camping regularly I would assume you’re over landing to some extent and may want to include a locker in the build list.

I think it’s a good looking jeep! Georgia to Utah with the buddies in a jeep must’ve been a great trip! Let’s see some pics. That steel blue has always been one of my favorites. I had 33’s on stock gears for a long time, it didn’t bother me really. But there were times I really wish I had lockers. A winch would be handy for the occasional mud or tricky obstacle. Very cool jeep