What's a 1 of 1000 Sahara LJ worth?

I just saw a TJLR for sale here in Lodi. 2005 manual 133k stock except some funky rear bumper.
asking 24,900
20220712_162140_resized.jpg

20220712_162146_resized.jpg

20220712_162203_resized.jpg

20220712_162247_resized.jpg

20220712_162123_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I just saw a TJLR for sale here in Lodi. 2005 manual 133k stock except some funky rear bumper.
asking 24,900

Damn!! I'd sell mine for $25000 and I at least have a decent front and rear bumper lol :)

If you are willing to pay that, then pay that for one that is stock or near stock or well modded- that one is neither.

We will give you a CoC (Certfificate of Consent) on one we approve to take to the bank, it will lower the rate 1-2 percent.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
I don't know about enough about the value of the LJ Rubihara's to value one over another. Heck, I overpaid for my 2000 TJ. I understand the draw of a clean specimen when you're lusting it. That said, if you don't have the coin for a cash buy (or largely cash, or possibly even to close the gap between what the bank would finance and the purchase price) you might be stretching the family finances a bit too thin. Putting yourself nearly $30k in debt, with more expenditures coming to get the rig back to stock, in the economy we are in, could be viewed as fiscally irresponsible by many. You have to do you, but there isn't a money person out there who would give you the thumbs up on that move.

With all due respect, and acknowledging the finance facts are limited, I call this a hard pass, based on the commentary about the HOW more than the WHAT.

🤔🤔

Thats even worse, you thinking of dropping 23K on that POS and Financing It to boot! What intreste rate? 10%? WTF!

In my area you can't touch a LJ Rubicon with even a 100k miles completely stock for under 22. 20 years from now we will all be looking at the prices of them like you see the prices on the 71 Chevy survives l boxes or the first gen Ford broncos. It's already headed that way it's crazy.

This thread is depressing me. I’ll never be able to sell my rig. I’ve destroyed its value - there is not a single stock part left on it!

I'll trade you $10k in cash + my LJ for your LJ straight up today.. I'll even come to you to make the exchange.... Deal? :)