What's the best off the shelf bed liner, roll or spray on?

My experience with Rustoleum spray-on truck bed liner was absolutely bad on all points. At the most 1/3 of each can came out as liner the rest was like satin black paint. And that was even though I kept shaking the cans nearly continually. Go with a roll-on product if you want to do it yourself.

Reactions: AndyG
I have used Monstaliner on the inside of my LJ and inside my M416 trailer. The LJ came out pretty good, but it does not see the use and weather like the M416. I was less than pleased with the trailer's result. The prep is the key, but sometimes you (read me) still miss a spot or two and then the stuff peels up. In my LJ I was pretty diligent and the stock paint was in pretty good shape so it was easy to see where I had scuffed and where I had missed, in the trailer, it was more difficult. It is not inexpensive though.......

I'll agree with @FireJeep... Prep is everything...
Out of the ones we have used. we have had pretty good luck with Monstaliner too... Rolled / Brushed on for our applications & is holding up pretty well. Have it in the cab of an excavator, the entire work platform on a vibratory roller & one to service truck beds...

Reactions: Ehallspqr
I'll agree with @FireJeep... Prep is everything...
Out of the ones we have used. we have had pretty good luck with Monstaliner too... Rolled / Brushed on for our applications & is holding up pretty well. Have it in the cab of an excavator, the entire work platform on a vibratory roller & one to service truck beds...
Where can you find it

Neither. It comes in a box. Bed Tred.
Been thinking on bed tred , hate the Velcro carpet, just want to detail a few places my new entry guards don’t cover .

anywhere they use road salt or calcium chloride products like bedtred will trap that crap and unless you want to take it out and clean it several times a year.........

Monstaliner.com

X2 Rustolium was a giant FAIL. Tip constantly plugging and it lasted maybe a month or two before starting to peel up.

If you mention the word 'bedliner' then to do it right you need to use the professional urethane Line-X or Speedliner type material which is almost as involved as painting your Jeep. The stuff in these off the shelf kits to me is nothing more than thick textured paint... which may be suitable for what you need but grossly inadequate for an actual bed liner protection.

A number of years ago I used Herculiner and rolled it on. Good prep was the key, and it held up great. In hind sight I should have used the UV protectant on it, as it did fade to more of a gray color, but looked good with my charcoal colored CJ5. Ran into my CJ last year and it still looked as good as when I rolled it on. One thing about Herculiner, its texture is bumpier than Monstaliner or Raptor. Bonus, it can be bought at local auto part stores. If I ever do my LJ, I'd lean towards Monstaliner now.

Not sure what you’re looking to use it on, but I did my frame and skid plate in Rustoleum Truck-Bed Coating. I don’t think I’d consider it a “bed-liner” by any means. It’s too thin for any real protection against objects sliding across it, but it does leave a great finish. I wanted something fairly strong and easy to touch up on the frame and didn’t see anything that stood out other than your typical Satin black, which is sometimes a lot glossier than you realize.

I have used Monstaliner for inside the tub only, it has held up for a long time. Prep is the key, rolling it on is easy.
I also use the Rustoleum bedliner on the flares and the rock sliders. The texture is great and especially on the rock sliders makes the step less slippery. I would not use the Rustoleum to line the tube however, and I have never had any issue with it not spraying correctly. It comes out very fast and you must keep it at a distance or it will come out too smooth.