What's the buzzing in the attic?

RaymondT

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Wasp nest 001.jpg

About 32" X 24". I had to crush it a bit to get it through the attic access. I removed it in early spring so all the wasps had died off. When we cut it open, the walls were 5" thick and there were 9 horizontal combs, the largest of which was about 10" in diameter. The trash bag was a tight fit!

View attachment 13518

About 32" X 24". I had to crush it a bit to get it through the attic access. I removed it in early spring so all the wasps had died off. When we cut it open, the walls were 5" thick and there were 9 horizontal combs, the largest of which was about 10" in diameter. The trash bag was a tight fit!

That's crazy. How long had you known about it? I wonder how many wasps lived in that damn thing?

Wow! Something similar happened to me, a house I had just bought had 20+ wasp nests under the roof eves and where roof sections joined together. The wasps even built one nest inside the kitchen ceiling vent and some were getting into the house from there which is how we originally discovered the wasps.

It took two weeks of killing off 2-3 nests a night at dusk after all the wasps had returned to finally get rid of them. One early evening I pulled a bush growing out of the roof and a live wasp nest came out with it. They chased me off the roof and I hit the ground running after jumping off the roof.

I hate wasp nests. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Wow! Something similar happened to me, a house I had just bought had 20+ wasp nests under the roof eves and where roof sections joined together. The wasps even built one nest inside the kitchen ceiling vent and some were getting into the house from there which is how we originally discovered the wasps.

It took two weeks of killing off 2-3 nests a night at dusk after all the wasps had returned to finally get rid of them. One early evening I pulled a bush growing out of the roof and a live wasp nest came out with it. They chased me off the roof and I hit the ground running after jumping off the roof.

I hate wasp nests. :eek:
I hate wasps...they don't have any feelings!!!!!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford