What's this? (Electrical Connector of some sort, plz Identify)

LCL-Dead

It broke.. ..again
Supporting Member
I was looking at re-installing either stock fogs or some 9" LED bars on my front bumper and, to cover all of my bases, decided to make sure the factory wiring was still in place and serviceable.

The good news: The driver side plug is still there!
The bad news: The passenger side plug was ripped off at some point.
The question: In the following pics, what the hell are these?

In pic #1: The plug on the right is the driver side fog light connection. What's the plug on the left? It was just hanging behind the grill.
In pic #2: This is the mate to the "hanging" plug from Pic #1, it's connected to a sensor? Or a storage bracket? I don't know. There's no outside temp readout I know about, which is all I can imagine that sensor (if it is one) to be. They both trace their wiring back up and into the same bundle going to the headlights.

I've got a 99-06 series of PDFs going over wiring and maintenance and couldn't find anything relating to these plugs.

3wk7AGk.jpg

1XmxHVT.jpg

I posted these in the "What did you do to your TJ today?" thread originally, which now looks to have been a mistake on my part. My bad.

1XmxHVT.jpg

1XmxHVT.jpg

Last edited:
The plug in the grill is a temperature sensor for the outdoor temp on the mirror. I assume you have a temp/compass rear view mirror.

Just saw that I have one of these on the front of mine too but don't have anything but a standard rearview mirror. Gonna have to check if I have the harness too.

Reactions: 94c2500
Just saw that I have one of these on the front of mine too but don't have anything but a standard rearview mirror. Gonna have to check if I have the harness too.

I just looked and my 2003 has that plug as well, and the mirror is just a plain stock unit.
I'm pretty sure it's the original...