What's this TJ worth?

Maybe where you guys live they go cheaper due to rust? There's 7 TJs for sale right now in my area and only one is priced under 15K ($14,900). And from my experience when I was looking they are selling. https://tucson.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=jeep tj#search=1~gallery~0~0

Perhaps,

There are so many rusted out garbage TJ's available for sub $10k when anyone posts anything above that people laugh. My LJ was $11,900 with 70k miles about 5 years ago. It is (mostly) rust free. It has some, but very far from being an issue.

I think you would find a huge lack of decent TJ's around here. You may find better deals here if you do find one that someone doesn't know what they have and price it according to the rest of the available ones.

I drove my LJ on a 3 hour round trip and did not see a single TJ on the highway....

Perhaps,

There are so many rusted out garbage TJ's available for sub $10k when anyone posts anything above that people laugh. My LJ was $11,900 with 70k miles about 5 years ago. It is (mostly) rust free. It has some, but very far from being an issue.

I think you would find a huge lack of decent TJ's around here. You may find better deals here if you do find one that someone doesn't know what they have and price it according to the rest of the available ones.
I just checked Phoenix and the average listing price on a decent looking TJ is between $13K and $15K with a couple at $20K and one at $30K. I would guess the one for $30K might be hard to sell at that price. I'm not even going to look at San Diego.
I also own a 7.3 Powerstroke and you should see the prices on those, especially Excursions! If it's under 100,000 miles with zero rust they are selling for more than they sold for brand new! I bought mine used in 2009 for $12K and last year it appraised for $17K.

Reactions: Shank
I just checked Phoenix and the average listing price on a decent looking TJ is between $13K and $15K with a couple at $20K and one at $30K. I would guess the one for $30K might be hard to sell at that price. I'm not even going to look at San Diego.
I also own a 7.3 Powerstroke and you should see the prices on those, especially Excursions! If it's under 100,000 miles with zero rust they are selling for more than they sold for brand new! I bought mine used in 2009 for $12K and last year it appraised for $17K.

This is just part of the phenomenon of pre-iPhone vehicles shooting up in price! By "pre-Iphone", I actually mean before vehicles had iPhone like screens and stupid nanny state electronics in them.

The used car market is ass backwards. However, for the jeep wrangler and older pick up trucks, I don't see prices going down anytime soon. In fact, I think that's the new normal. They're just becoming more and more rare -especially great condition or lower mile classics.

I regret not picking up a Maize colored 03 last fall from western GA. 11k, negotiable. Just needed to be returned to stock height. All Options, except the Dana 44 rear. Kicking myself - very rare color too.

The used car market is ass backwards. However, for the jeep wrangler and older pick up trucks, I don't see prices going down anytime soon. In fact, I think that's the new normal. They're just becoming more and more rare -especially great condition or lower mile classics.

I regret not picking up a Maize colored 03 last fall from western GA. 11k, negotiable. Just needed to be returned to stock height. All Options, except the Dana 44 rear. Kicking myself - very rare color too.

Buy my shiite. I need a stroker motor.
20160502_095646.jpg

That truck b
Buy my shiite. I need a stroker motor.
View attachment 419542
That truck brings back memories, my father in law had one, same color, 4 speed MT. I loved driving it. Later I got a 68, baby blue with a 6 banger, dropped in a 350 and a TH400 and hauled my camper and ski boat to Apache lake every weekend during the summer. That was when you could just drive in and camp anywhere, and no crowds.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC