Wheel adapter question

You probably know this already, but the adapters you have linked are for running JK wheels on a TJ. Is that something you already have (JK wheels), and want to run them on your TJ? Plenty of TJ owners have done this; it just depends on what your taste in wheels is.

The second link is for 33" tires on possibly TJ wheels, which would not need adapters, but may need spacers. Those are essentially the same as adapters, but have the same 4.5 wheel spacing for both the spacer and the wheel lugs.

Thanks I screwed up the link. I’m looking for a second set of less agressive tires and wheels.

There’s a set for sale near by on jk wheels for a good price so trying to save a few $$ by just getting adapters.
Thanks

It's definitely been done, so if you like the wheels and tires, go for it. Do you have the link to the wheels/tires for sale? If JK, I am thinking oem Goodyears??

They were BF’s A/Ts but I can’t find them now. They probably sold. He only wanted $400 for 5 tires. I have my trxus MTs but was just looking for something a little more road friendly when I travel to my further hunting spots

you posted the same link as before.

I'm running Wheel adapters to run JK wheels. I have the JK Moabs which are a 17" diameter with a -45 offset. The spacer / adapter is 1.25 inches (or 32'ish mm). My stock Moabs were a +12 offset. So...add the 32 + 12 = 44. So the JK wheel will be 1 mm closer to the frame than the stock TJ wheel is. If you are going from any of the 15" Wrangler wheels, it will actually be close to a half inch further out.

As long as you know what you're getting into they work out fine. Its a decent way to get into some new tires for cheap. Around here, JK wheels are tires are practically being given away on Craigslist. I have about 900 bucks into my wheels and tires...You just have to be more diligent checking torque specs and you have double the amount of lugnuts to check!
CauvgtIAMfnWfVtwEyTLUgqtuzzcSlUsKHJcOeS2J2QRzADfl9N5Gt1gs1Zam4wQM6LkFwGZoLzTiBMTLk=w1097-h618-no.jpg

Last edited: