Wheel Adapter Question

JeepMan13

Hey guys. I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler with a 5 x 127 bolt pattern and I am looking at a set of wheels that are 5 x 120. Anyone know where I can get an adapter set to make these fit? Thanks in advance.

Your 2015 Wrangler, commonly known as a JK on this site, has a 5 on 5" bolt pattern. It is very uncommon, though not unheard of, to go with a wheel spacer to push your tires out and keep them from rubbing. What wheel and tire size are you looking at? An adapter like you are asking about is going to be even less common for a JK.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Vossen Wheels.jpg
Your 2015 Wrangler, commonly known as a JK on this site, has a 5 on 5" bolt pattern. It is very uncommon, though not unheard of, to go with a wheel spacer to push your tires out and keep them from rubbing. What wheel and tire size are you looking at? An adapter like you are asking about is going to be even less common for a JK.

The wheels I am looking at are 20x9 ET35 (offset) with a 5 x 120 bolt pattern. The tires are Nitto Terra Grappler size 285/50/20. This is a street rig only.

Last edited:
Wow, OK, not even sure where to start on this...

You might try going to a JK forum and asking for help there. Someone there may have a bunch more experience at putting a 20" wheel on a JK than anyone around here. Sorry...

You triggered bro? What's with the drama? It's a simple question. You wheel much? Do you even know what a wheel adapter is? If you don't then you can leave out your personal opinions and move along. It's for a road application. Not rock crawling Hell Hole Pass.

Last edited:
You triggered bro? What's with the drama? It's a simple question. You wheel much? Do you even know what a wheel adapter is? If you don't then you can leave out your personal opinions and move along. It's for a road application. Not rock crawling Hell Hole Pass.
Wow!! Talking about drama. I did not sense any drama coming from @StG58 but did see lots from your replay. If you see the info about this forum it caters to the Jeep Wrangler TJ (1997 to 2006). Members here do actually wheel and I can say with certainty very few if any of the members here use 20" wheels in a TJ. JK Owners and also JK Forum cater strictly to Jeep Wranglers 2007 to 2018 (JK and JKU).

5x127 is the same as 5x5
5x120 is the same as 5x4.75

In this link you will find the adapter you are looking for.
https://goo.gl/yPkFQP

OK, you, like, caught me before my first cup of coffee for the day here, and after I spent most of yesterday in a Dentist's chair having oral surgery.
You triggered bro?
I am now. Let me explain something to your punk ass...I'll use small words so you at least get the jist. OK?
What's with the drama?
That was a sincere effort to try and help, this is drama. Pay attention.
It's a simple question.
Nothing about Jeeps is as simple as it seems on the surface. That's why I was asking you for more information and why I was hesitant to offer an opinion on putting 20" wheels with lo-pro tires on a JK.
You wheel much?
Oh, by the way, I wheel a '99 TJ. The wife, who could probably kick your ass and knows more about Jeeps than you do, wheels a JKU. We both wheel a '99 Suburban when it's called for. Wheeling starts when the pavement ends, not where the mall parking lot starts. Trade your JK in for a Hummer. Preferably an H-3. You'll be more comfortable.
Do you even know what a wheel adapter is?
I was using wheel adapters on Hot Rods when you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. If you actually know who he is, ask him about that.
If you don't then you can leave out your personal opinions and move along.
I expressed no opinions about your wheel and tire selection. None. But what in the hell are you thinking putting that spidery looking 20" wheel crap on an off road vehicle? Looking to bust yo' spokes or somethin'? Don't bang it off any curbs or shrubbery, you might scratch the powder coat. That would be sad.
It's for a road application.
Figured that one out on my own there Sparky, from your first post. Nice selection of vehicle to mall crawl with. The high school girls are going to love riding around on that.
Not rock crawling Hell Hole Pass.
You have no idea.

There, I feel better already.

Last edited:
OK, you, like, caught me before my first cup of coffee for the day here, and after I spent most of yesterday in a Dentist's chair having oral surgery.

I am now. Let me explain something to your punk ass...I'll use small words so you at least get the jist. OK?

That was a sincere effort to try and help, this is drama. Pay attention.

Nothing about Jeeps is as simple as it seems on the surface. That's why I was asking you for more information and why I was hesitant to offer an opinion on putting 20" wheels with lo-pro tires on a JK.

Oh, by the way, I wheel a '99 TJ. The wife, who could probably kick your ass and knows more about Jeeps than you do, wheels a JKU. We both wheel a '99 Suburban when it's called for. Wheeling starts when the pavement ends, not where the mall parking lot starts. Trade your JK in for a Hummer. Preferably an H-3. You'll be more comfortable.

I was using wheel adapters on Hot Rods when you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. If you actually know who he is, ask him about that.

I expressed no opinions about your wheel and tire selection. None. But what in the hell are you thinking putting that spidery looking 20" wheel crap on an off road vehicle? Looking to bust yo' spokes or somethin'? Don't bang it off any curbs or shrubbery, you might scratch the powder coat. That would be sad.

Figured that one out on my own there Sparky, from your first post. Nice selection of vehicle to mall crawl with. The high school girls are going to love riding around on that.

You have no idea.

There, I feel better already.

Hey @StG58, great response and well deserved, but you might need some decaffeinated coffee now :):):):):):):):):):):)