Wheel Came Off, Now Damaged

AndyA

2006 TJ X
Supporting Member
I had a bit of a boo boo at the weekend - a wheel came off. I guess the studs were stretched. Thankfully it happened at 10MPH but the studs machined out all five holes.

Any thoughts on how the lug nut seats look? What options are available besides getting a new wheel? Any thoughts or input is welcome!

Thanks, Andy

73612835072--B7E920EC-6CED-4A8D-895D-09E302FCB7DE.jpg

RenderedImage.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: FarFire70
You could take the rim to a shop to see if the wallowed area could be repaired, but your money would be better spent purchasing a replacement rim.

So far no luck finding one. It seems the Dick Cepek DC-2 went to black hubcaps that screw on, not the metal ones that push through from behind.

Andy

Now you just added another thing I have to do to the TJ before my trip this Thurs. what’s the correct torque 100-110?

I am now using 95 ft-lb however my HF torque wrench fell apart and some of the bits flew off somewhere, so to properly torque them I have to go back to HF and make use of the lifetime warranty. 😅

73613020606--2CB109DD-ECF6-459F-88D4-84E77C20439F.jpg

Andy

So far no luck finding one. It seems the Dick Cepek DC-2 went to black hubcaps that screw on, not the metal ones that push through from behind.

Andy

We have a shop that does some repairs here in N. Jax that has a unique name; "Hot Wheels" like the toy car manufacturer we played with as children.

Reactions: AndyA