Wheel Spacer Brand Comparison

HornedToad

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Since I recently switched to Moab wheels I began looking for thinner spacers (was using Spidertrax 1.25in). After some searching (turns out there are few options thinner than 1.25) I bought a set of titan 1” spacers for $114 and change for all four.

While installing them I couldn’t help but notice differences between the spidertrax (blue) and titan (black). For example the hub center on the spidertrax was significantly thicker, and the overall diameter was nearly .200 bigger. What really did it for me though was after I checked the titan wheel spacers after 50ish miles of driving, I noticed that the outside diameter had deformed slightly and was no longer concentric—due to the absurdly thin sections between the outside diameter and the lug holes. Scary.

spacer6.JPG

spacer5.jpg

spacer4.jpg

I’ll let everyone make their own conclusions on these findings but for me it was enough to start looking hard for another option. Luckily, H&R makes spacers and were considerate enough to include 5x4.5(114.3mm) with a 71.5mm hub center in their lineup. I purchased the 25mm version (just a hair under 1”) and the total price for four shipped was $310 (close to 3x the cost).

Like the spidertrax, the fit and finish of the H&R spacers is top notch and there is a generous amount of material thickness in the center hub section. Most surprising though is the overall diameter of the H&R. It is large enough for the inside wheel surface to make full and complete contact with the spacer. The same can’t be said for any other spacers I am aware of.

spacer1.jpg

spacer2.jpg

Am I simply paying a high price for peace of mind and nothing more? Maybe. Are titan wheel spacers safe enough to not worry about? Probably?? Like I said I’ll let others make their own conclusions but hopefully this comparison is helpful for future wheel spacer buyers who might be wondering what the differences are between the cheaper and more expensive options.

Reactions: Apparition
Likewise, I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I do like the H&R a lot better.

I currently have spidertrax with no complaints but I need the 1.25" thickness.

Reactions: HornedToad
This titans do seem a bit thin. I'm running Amazon rocktrix for years now with no issues. I check them every wheel rotation by hand and they are never loose without any blue loctite.

They are a bit thicker than those titans though around the lug hole.

Last edited:
I ran my spidertrax spacers for a few years and had they offered a 1” version it would have gone with them again.

I've never understood why they don't, except maybe they just don't want to deal with customer complaints when people don't understand that sometimes their lugs may be too long.

Do your wheels have recesses for the lugs to fit into or did you get shorter ones?

I've never understood why they don't, except maybe they just don't want to deal with customer complaints when people don't understand that sometimes their lugs may be too long.

Do your wheels have recesses for the lugs to fit into or did you get shorter ones?

It’s not just them. Almost every company only offers 1.25 and 1.5.

The lugs do stick past and yes my Moab wheels have nice deep recesses that clear them. They even easily clear the extra long studs that came with my revolution axles.
IMG_0016.jpeg