Wheelbarrow handles cause cancer in California

Vulture

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I bought a set of steel wheelbarrow handles today. That's right, a set of steel wheelbarrow handles. There is a sticker on them that informs me that the good state of California has determined that this set of steel wheelbarrow handles is suspected of being something that can give me cancer.
That's right, cancer.
From a set of wheelbarrow handles.
Steel ones.
Not Uranium, Polonium, or Plutonium, steel.
How on this Earth did it deteriorate this far......

That's the government of california doing what it tries to do best, make up stuff to get you worried and pretend to be the only group to listen to and keep from being killed somehow.

The worst part is so many califorians, and others, believe every friggin' word of it.

Reactions: Blondie70
Send a letter to your overlords thanking them for keeping you safe.

Glad nobody gets cancer in California anymore.

Reactions: Blondie70
The Prop. 65 warning label is essentially useless now as most companies find it cheaper to slap the label on every product that leaves their doors than to research what is on the list (1000's of chemicals) and making sure they're not used at any point in the manufacturing and packaging process.

There are new-wave "ambulance chaser" lawyers out there that will find any item on a shelf without it and try to catch a company off-guard.

Edit: That was the take at my old company that made and sold Jeep products around the world.

At this point I think they just put that warning on everything....
1616519187935.png

• Haha
Reactions: DWR
I forget what I bought recently, but it had a Prop 65 warning label. I think it goes on everything except food, just like Frank's Red Hot.

Saw the same thing on a metal (galvanized) electrical box. The warning was voted in with the best of intentions (see "Road to Hell"), but has become utterly meaningless as its applied to EVERYTHING. Much like the word "racist".

I think I saw the same, or similar, "something" stamped into the metal pieces you have your mics hanging from. I almost asked about it in the other thread, yet here we are.

There are new-wave "ambulance chaser" lawyers out there that will find any item on a shelf without it and try to catch a company off-guard.
In California, the freeways are littered with injury attorney and cannabis dispensary billboards. In my experience, more than any other type. But...now that I think of it, during my recent 3500 mile drive I saw quite a few injury attorney signs in other states, too.

In California, the freeways are littered with injury attorney and cannabis dispensary billboards. In my experience, more than any other type. But...now that I think of it, during my recent 3500 mile drive I saw quite a few injury attorney signs in other states, too.
We have plenty of them in the Atlanta area as well! They advertise on every bus in the city too which is hilarious

Reactions: ejay
My pal in Florida is a legit millionaire now after he started a personal injury referral service. All the billboards you see in Central Fl are his. He's not even a lawyer! Just a dude that came up with an idea 20 years ago in his two bedroom apartment.