Wheels thread

fourpointzero

TJ Addict
Hi everyone...

I did a search for "show your wheels" and didn't get anything that applied. That said, i'm looking to change up the wheels on my TJ and would like to see what other people have on their Jeeps.

I plan to stick with 15 inch wheels and would like 2.5" of backspace. If that applies to your TJ, please share a photo. Seems to be a lot less options out there in the 15 x 8 alloy market for 2024. 👎

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3485.jpeg

How do you like the Wrangler Durotraks off-road?

I often get compliments on the YJ wheels. Nothing fancy tho
IMG_6404.jpeg

How do you like the Wrangler Durotraks off-road?

I often get compliments on the YJ wheels. Nothing fancy tho View attachment 529244

Honestly, they've been a fantastic tire on and offroad. Though, I did have a couple of scary incidents in the rain. But considering how light my Jeep is, I don't think we had too much to do with the wheels as much as it did with me speeding down the highway when I should've been a bit more cautious. Lesson learned.

Thank you for posting a photo!

Reactions: Weasellee
So many choices, so little funds...... :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Go cheap like I did 🤪

Gladiator Rubicon takeoffs. Plentiful on the marketplace so not too worried about buggering them up, but you have to watch for a deal.

I bought a set of 4 with 285/70/17 MTs for $500.

Then found a set of 8 of wheels with no tires for $200 which gave me matching wheels for my camping trailer and matching spare.

That left me with a set of 5 wheels which I sold for $250.

IMG_2370.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper
What tire size on the Mamba MR1X ? Those are nice.. simple & clean looking.
I really want to go to a 15x8. Though I love the ProComps and the classic look of the 15x10.. I would prefer 15x8.

The tires on the Mamba's are 35x12.5r15. I still have the set. They're up for sale locally, but I'm tempted to keep them. The scrub radius is really great. With 4.5" bs I added a 0.25" spacer and they drove really great. With a couple of washers I was fine off-road.