When do you wave?

I wave to them all, yes you can usually tell who will wave back and who will not. If its dirty they probably will, if its bone stock and looks lost sitting in front of a street sign,,, not likely. I wave to everybody on the trail regardless what there driving. I stop and offer help to anyone on the trail that looks like they might need it and thank anyone that offers help to me (like when im parked airing up/down). Stock grills a must! (but I have never liked the YJ grill) (or the XJ which I also own.) OMG it takes discipline NOT to wave when I am driving my truck! It doesn't hurt to just be friendly I guess.

Oh my first forum to comment on! Hi everyone, longtime listener- first time caller. I was just thinking about this having it happened twice today. Do you notice that girls rarely do the wave and even rarer do they initiate?

The ladies here in GA seem to wave pretty often, and my wife says she waves all the time when out in the Jeep.

Reactions: Westken94
Yes on the girls thing and the same with my wife. "OMG that guy just waved" "He just likes me, turn away" LMAO
Not the case with Jeep girls tho, I have been floored by a hot woman climbing out of a well modded Jeep to strike up a conversation with more Jeep knowledge that many men!

Oh my first forum to comment on! Hi everyone, longtime listener- first time caller. I was just thinking about this having it happened twice today. Do you notice that girls rarely do the wave and even rarer do they initiate?
Where I'm at, a good estimate would be 75% of the ladies do not wave. I see this one lady probably every other day on my way home and wave at her every time I see her, she never waves back. Last week, the look on her face when she saw me coming and I waved, I could have sworn she was going to give me the finger. kinda funny actually.:sneaky:

Where I'm at, a good estimate would be 75% of the ladies do not wave. I see this one lady probably every other day on my way home and wave at her every time I see her, she never waves back. Last week, the look on her face when she saw me coming and I waved, I could have sworn she was going to give me the finger. kinda funny actually.:sneaky:
She must have know you from another life! Hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Hook_62

This goes back to the JK/JL vs. late model crowd generalization to some degree, and to be honest I see very few women driving 2-door Jeeps at all. I did see a girl driving an old right hand drive TJ not too long ago, thought it was awesome! Wife kept telling how it "wasn't that cool" and "don't wave at high schoolers."

Reactions: PunkieBoozer
What's bad is when you wave ,and rather than wave back , she closes the blinds and calls the cops .

Reactions: PunkieBoozer
I’m in the country and wave at ppl I know. All CJ and TJ’’s get a wave. I wave at a few XJ’s I see around town. Jk’s get the piece sign while my hand on the wheel, I don’t even look to see if the JKs wave back

Reactions: DrDmoney
I loaned a buddy mine all weekend while I was out of town ...he said “ one thing I noticed is everyone in a Jeep waves at you”

That’s cool.

You know that you have driven a Jeep too long when when you pass another Jeep, wave, and then realize you're in the wife's Prius......:oops::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

My daily driver is a Ram 1500, the Jeep is my weekender. I get aggravated any time I'm in the Ram and pass a nice Jeep and have to sit on my hand to avoid waiving like a moron.

Now that it’s getting sunny in Minnesota there are a lot more jeeps on the road. Since I’m still relatively new to the Jeep world there are some things I need to clear up. The main question is: Do you wave when your on a divided highway or road? Not necessarily the interstate but more of a four lane divided road. The second is: Do you wave to jeeps beside you? This could potentially be during a stoplight when you pull up next to another Jeep. I’ve tried both with very low return waves, am I doing it wrong or do they just not see or care?

I haven't really thought about this but it's a solid NO for me. I live in the South so I smile and say hello to strangers I pass on the sidewalk. I would never smile and say hello to the guy at the urinal next to me. For some reason waving to the Jeep in the lane next to me at a stop light feels like the same thing.

Yes on the girls thing and the same with my wife. "OMG that guy just waved" "He just likes me, turn away" LMAO
Not the case with Jeep girls tho, I have been floored by a hot woman climbing out of a well modded Jeep to strike up a conversation with more Jeep knowledge that many men!

I have relayed this story a few times on here. Pulled into Target and as I'm strolling around the store, I see a nice looking woman. Long straight blonde hair, Raybans, and a leather biker jacket. I see her again as we walk out. As I'm getting closer to my parking spot, I see another black TJ a couple spots from me. At this point, I realize she had came out behind me. I stopped and was kind of checking out the other TJ and then got into mine. I look over and she had gotten into the other. She looked at me and waved with a REALLY nice smile..... the one that got away :( Super nice TJ built and driven as such.

There is a gray JLU rubicon I see driving around my town a lot. I know it’s the same one because it has a vanity plate on it. Half the time there is a woman driving and the other half, a man is behind the wheel. I wave every time, the guy always waves back. The gal, however, gives me a stare down. So in my experience women rarely wave.

Reactions: Hook_62
Yeah- there's a lot of heavily modded newer Jeeps around/in Atlanta, most of them Rubicons that will never see a dirt road let alone a trail. I think people see them as convertible SUVs with an added bonus of just running over other cars when that group text is getting lit. They don't wave for probably this exact reason.

And to the OP, I'm new too and I try to keep a hand free around the house, lots of dirty and beat on 4.0's around here haha.
There's a decent amount of folks who keep the doors off around here too, and they reach out trying to high five you. Hardcore stuff.
Gotta love Georgia