Where can I find Dana 35 30-Spline Chromoly Axles

dsharp6855

Supporting Member
First thing first, this is my first post here. I've been reading for a while and have found some great info. Thanks for that.

I have seen @Jerry Bransford strongly recommend Revolution Gear 30 spline chromoly shafts multiple times. I can't locate them on their site or elsewhere, all I can find are the non chromoly offerings. Am I overlooking something? If not does anyone know where I can get some good quality 4140 or 4340 chromoly 30 spline shafts?

Only interested in Dana 35 discussion please.

Yes, @Garza (Ricky) is on the forum too, so I would reach out to him. He can set you up with what you need.

Talk with Ricky at www.4lowparts.com. He's an expert and long-term dealer for Revolution Gear. What you want is a Super 35 kit which includes your choice of a couple different 30 spline lockers.

I actually just received an email reply from Brandon at Revolution. He said they don't offer chromoly shafts for the 35 because of the way the bearings dig into the shaft, which is definitely understandable. He said theirs are 1541 steel. My question now is, how would you rate these in strength? Are they equal to or stronger than a 44 or 8.8? Is this upgrade still worth the cost? I'm running 33's

The shafts included in Super 35 kits are made of 1541H which is what you want for the Dana 35. They are surface hardened to stand up to the Dana 35's outer bearings which ride directly on the shaft surface which would wear down down the surface of 4340 chromoly shafts. You can use chromoly shafts in the front Dana 30/44 or rear Dana 44 but not in a Dana 35.

The Super 35 is more than strong enough with its 30 spline 1541H shafts to hold up to 35" tires and its locker on even the extreme level trails in Johnson Valley where the kit was tested during its development. Superior Axle and forum member mrblaine were its co-developers.

Only other advise would be if your having a shop do the work for you use what they will warranty. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Thanks for all the input. I didn't even think about him meaning 1541H, that makes sense.

I will be doing the work myself so the warranty is kind of on me haha

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I just got mine from ricky at 4low parts a week ago and he was awesome to deal with as jerry and chris have mentioned already. price was fair and shipping was quick. bought revoution shafts and an eaton e-locker

Just came here to give another plug to 4lowparts.com. ordered a Savvy transfercase cable and got it super quick. With all the recommendations from this forum he will be my go to place for online orders

I placed an order with 4low for the S35 kit with E-locker yesterday. Ricky has been super helpful! Will definitely go to him first going forward!