Where can I find rear brake rotors that are dual drilled or 5x5.5?

Old Pueblo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Howdy everyone/ I searched for awhile but had no luck locating rear rotors that are either dual drilled or 5x5.5. I know there has to be a compatible rotor that is already 5x5.5 but I had no luck trying to cross reference. Thanks

Howdy everyone/ I searched for awhile but had no luck locating rear rotors that are either dual drilled or 5x5.5. I know there has to be a compatible rotor that is already 5x5.5 but I had no luck trying to cross reference. Thanks

If you are trying to replace rotors that are currently in use on TJ size rear discs which would include ZJ, Ford 8.8, LIberty, and OEM TJ rear disc brakes, then there are no 5.5" bolt circle OEM equivalents. Currie has some they have drilled, and we can add them to our regular rotors. Easiest thing to do is use the original rotor with bolt bolt circles and drill the new ones which is exactly how we do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: P man
If you are trying to replace rotors that are currently in use on TJ size rear discs which would include ZJ, Ford 8.8, LIberty, and OEM TJ rear disc brakes, then there are no 5.5" bolt circle OEM equivalents. Currie has some they have drilled, and we can add them to our regular rotors. Easiest thing to do is use the original rotor with bolt bolt circles and drill the new ones which is exactly how we do it.

What about guys like me that can't drill a straight hole if they tried? Can you sell me a pair of rotors that are drilled?

Ok im really slow but I don't see anything fixed..

How about now?
1684173505922.png

Reactions: P man

I believe Teraflex states they don't work with stock TJ brakes, at least that is what their support told me when I reached out.

I realize you didn't ask about re-drilling, so you can ignore after this. :)

I do have access to a drill press, but it is not required. I re-drilled it two ways...

Since I had to press new studs into my old Superior axle shafts, I had them out of the axle. I just lined up the old 5x4.5 studs with the rotor and center punched each hole. I used a hand drill, but I had some kick backs, definitely due to poor setup and a crappy bit. My wrist did not enjoy this process, but I got it done.

The second way was much easier, and maybe even overkill. I created a little jig with some scrap wood and my wheel spacer. Bolted the rotor to the scrap with some threaded rod. It was centered where all I needed to do was loosen the wing nut, spin the rotor and drill the next hole on my press. Honestly, my re-drilled rotor is a tighter tolerance than the stock 5x5.5 rotors that came with my Yukon hub conversion.
RedrilledRotor1.jpg

RedrilledRotor2.jpg

Also, my old superior shafts did not fit one of the brands of rotors I purchased. Unfortunately, it was re-drilled before I found that out. If you want it, I can send you one re-drilled already... just measure the axleshaft flange diameter and we can make sure it'll fit.

I have a second wheel spacer/adapter I can send you if you want to re-drill a stock rotor and use that as a guide. It will only collect dust in my garage.

Last edited:
My dual drilled axles fit the stock rotor so that shouldn't be an issue. I was just gonna get new rotors since they are so cheap it isn't worth pulling them off and redrilling the day of... I already have all new 9/16 studs for the rear, and for the front yukon spin free 5x5.5, I just don't want to dick around with the rear rotors when I have the axles out to replace the studs.
I saw the teraflex rotors, but the disclaimer says they only work with their disc conversion.
I can get centric rotors for ~$40 ea on Amazon and have them drilled at a machine shop, but that's an expensive pain in the ass.

Honestly, my re-drilled rotor is a tighter tolerance than the stock 5x5.5 rotors that came with my Yukon hub conversion.
Only because there is a small bit of misunderstanding as to the function of the holes. They just need to be close enough tolerance to fit over the studs. After that, the only thing that matters is the clamping force the wheel uses to hold them in place. You could literally take a grinder and slot them radially 5/8" wide out from the centerbore with two cuts, snap off the finger of hat section and never have a problem.

Reactions: Kerndone
My dual drilled axles fit the stock rotor so that shouldn't be an issue. I was just gonna get new rotors since they are so cheap it isn't worth pulling them off and redrilling the day of... I already have all new 9/16 studs for the rear, and for the front yukon spin free 5x5.5, I just don't want to dick around with the rear rotors when I have the axles out to replace the studs.
I saw the teraflex rotors, but the disclaimer says they only work with their disc conversion.
I can get centric rotors for ~$40 ea on Amazon and have them drilled at a machine shop, but that's an expensive pain in the ass.

I added this after the fact to my original post... but I have a 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 wheel adapter I can send you if you want to re-drill them yourself.

Reactions: Old Pueblo
I added this after the fact to my original post... but I have a 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 wheel adapter I can send you if you want to re-drill them yourself.

Thank you. I may take you up on that offer, but first I'm reaching out to Blaine since he is in the business and gives advice, some of it actually worthwhile:D, for free here. I try to use business' that align with me, often at my own financial peril. I have been thinking of just using a step bit and enlarging the 4.5" holes to 1.5" and calling it a day.....

Reactions: Kerndone and P man
Thank you. I may take you up on that offer, but first I'm reaching out to Blaine since he is in the business and gives advice, some of it actually worthwhile:D, for free here. I try to use business' that align with me, often at my own financial peril. I have been thinking of just using a step bit and enlarging the 4.5" holes to 1.5" and calling it a day.....

People may not like Blaine and he can be an asshole but if you have questions or warranty issues you better believe he will answer the phone and make it right. He may call you a dumb shit but it will get handled. You won't find that anywhere else when dealing with brakes.