Where I Work

Cisco Kid

Been around the block...twice!
Supporting Member
It is so great to be able to do what I do and be able to run offroad every day and get paid for it.

20180201_110333.jpg
20180201_111306.jpg

20180201_113859.jpg

Back in the late '80s and well into the '00s I managed any where from 2,000 to 3,000 ac. of vacant land that was slated for future development. A lot of it was farmed but there was a lot of hills, valleys, dirt roads, paths, etc. I was expected to keep an eye on it and there was no way you could see it all from the road ... which was a good thing. We had a fairly liberal company car policy. A few of us asked for and got Cherokee XJ's. Man I miss that job. :(

Cisco ... Out of curiosity, do you deal with the construction? I was involved in the planning end of things but that scene is very familiar to me. It's nice when the projects actually get built!

I can see why you would. My job in part was to get the approvals for the construction to begin. I didn't spend very much time in the field on construction but worked with a lot of guys who did. I got to deal with all of the complaining neighbours. Often had to tell them that I dealt with the existing neighbours who had the same complaints when THIER subdivision and homes were built! :D