Where to find gear shift retaining clip?

Jeep 541X

Bend Jeepin'
Supporting Member
Where does one find a metal retaining clip for an '06 manual transmission shifter boot, as seen at the base of attached boot photos? Thanks all for your input.
51wXITpSu4L._AC_SL1024_.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.36.47 PM.png

Last edited:
Daveys Jeep?
could a couple banding clips be trimmed to do it? or even a couple cheap copper pipe straps could easily be e bent up to function.

Reactions: Jeep 541X
Why not use a small binder clip and some adhesive, or actually rivet through the metal frame and the boot fabric?

Daveys Jeep?
could a couple banding clips be trimmed to do it? or even a couple cheap copper pipe straps could easily be e bent up to function.
Now THIS is the creative I am looking for from my fellow Jeepers. Thank u. I’ll reach out to Daveys and if no luck there, I’ll try to manufacture one based on ur suggestions. THANK YOU!!

Why not use a small binder clip and some adhesive, or actually rivet through the metal frame and the boot fabric?
The nearest metal is the transmission tunnel. Not sure I’d want it secured by rivets there either… but ya never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeep 541X
I literally had everything laid out and ready to hot glue that boot to plastic bezel, then saw your post.
If you can come up with something functional, then please do, i will gladly pay you for it.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/2005-2006-manual-shifter-boot-replacement.2370879/in post #10 guy provided 1:1 drawing, if that is of any help.
That reference is the very first I have actually seen what that clip actually looks like. I'm off all day tomorrow and will attempt to make a prototype. I'll PM you when I get it done to see what you think.

Reactions: TheBoogieman