Virginia Where to wheel in Northern VA?

Where are you in NOVA? I’m in Winchester. You could hit places like Peter’s Mill/Taskers Gap in Edinburg or Flagpole Knob which is near Harrisonburg. Pretty mild trails that most any stock 4x4 could make it down. Winchester has The Cove and also nearby is Chaos Offroad Park. No experience at either of these two places yet so I can’t comment on the conditions, but I know some things are pretty wild.

I'll echo what Tyler said above. Peter's mill and Flag Pole are pretty mild. Chaos has everything from mild to wild and everything in between and the Cove has every type of wheeling as well. The only things with the Cove and Chaos is they are private and only open during events. If you are willing to go more than 2 hours away, Rausch Creek is a great time with every type of trail and down in southern Va is Potts Mountain which I've heard is a blast. Welcome to forum!!

I'm in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area, I have heard about Flagpole and the Cove but I haven't been out there yet because I don't want to break down on the trail and be stranded two hours from home lol

Been to the cove several times, they have several trails. You pay per 24hours of time that you are there and that includes a campsite. Also George Washington forest has 4x4 trails, never personally been there but my buddies son has been lots of times. The Cove is in Gore, VA of 50 about 3 miles before the WV line. They also have a shooting range, cabins, small lake, and a dirt bike track.

Reactions: ranger101
Yup, Peters Mill/Taskers Gap is where we go. Mild trail and a great day out. Just went this past Saturday and we had a great time. Folks on the trail are always pleasant. Wouldn't expect anything less :)

Reactions: ranger101
Yup, Peters Mill/Taskers Gap is where we go. Mild trail and a great day out. Just went this past Saturday and we had a great time. Folks on the trail are always pleasant. Wouldn't expect anything less :)
This time of year is always my favorite to ride through there because of everything changing colors

Reactions: oldtimer
We Virginians seem to be growing in numbers....who knew? I would really like to meet up with some of you guys, been to flag pole and peters mill, really want to do Potts mountain. I have a M416 trailer with RTT and would really like to use it more often......

Reactions: Sj's TJ