Where would you mount an air compressor?

If you cut the fender support a bit and remove the tray you can fit just about anything under the brake booster. I have a Puma there and it's huge. Fender isn't too bad but there's allot bolted to it in the engine compartment from what I remember.

My locker pumps are mounted on the fender just in front of the Viair compressor. Everything fits there in the later models with the evap canister in the back. I have the compressor for the auxiliary braking system mounted on the anti-lock tray.
I made a bracket out of scrap aluminum and moved mine inside, out of the heat and elements. The bracket was bolted to the door strap hook. Now I have a clear place to mount a potential future compressor.

20210530_160447-jpg.jpg

It's not as easy, but you can drill a hole in the firewall and use these to route the supply hoses through. The vents can obviously stay inside the. The automatics have a block off plate where the clutch master cylinder is, which makes the job much easier for those of us with the slushbox. I just made a hole in the block off plate.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LGNDD2G/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Yeah there is a grommet above the gas pedal that is not used on manuals and I think it is for the autos. I've already run a few wires in there but I guess there is no need for the supply line to go through the firewall, just the smaller output hoses.

Reactions: Irun
Does anyone have a good solution for mounting the ARB dual compressor inside the jeep? My buddy has one in his JL that he mounted to the back tub rail. I suppose I could do the same, just curious if there are any better solutions.

Reactions: Willhugh