Where's manual transmission/transfer case vent?

I can't answer for your '03 Rubi, since I have an '05 non-Rubi. But I suspect your different transmission and different transfer case will have something similar to mine.

The NP231 transfer case has a vent near the top on the driver side near the transmission. It has a hose going across the transmission and up the passenger side of the firewall. The NSG370 transmission has a small vent cap on the shifter tower, no hose.

NP231_Vent.jpg

NSG370_Vent.jpg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The AX15 has a cap on the shift tower, somewhat similar to the NSG370. Not sure about the NV3550, surely it has to vent somehow but I don't think it has a visible vent like the other two manuals.

The transfer cases are all as stated above: a barb fitting as part of the housing, driver side by transmission. A hose runs from there up to the firewall and has a small dust cap on the hose at the end.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
I can't answer for your '03 Rubi, since I have an '05 non-Rubi. But I suspect your different transmission and different transfer case will have something similar to mine.

The NP231 transfer case has a vent near the top on the driver side near the transmission. It has a hose going across the transmission and up the passenger side of the firewall. The NSG370 transmission has a small vent cap on the shifter tower, no hose.

View attachment 425460

View attachment 425461

Thanks Old Buzzard

The AX15 has a cap on the shift tower, somewhat similar to the NSG370. Not sure about the NV3550, surely it has to vent somehow but I don't think it has a visible vent like the other two manuals.

The transfer cases are all as stated above: a barb fitting as part of the housing, driver side by transmission. A hose runs from there up to the firewall and has a small dust cap on the hose at the end.

Thanks Machoheadgames

Here's a picture of NV-3550 vent location I just found, someone posted several years back. Too bad they didn't extend it like T-case
tranny_li-jpg.22764

@Alex01, didn’t you add an elbow to your breather on the NV-3550 and a tube to extend the breather up to the top of the firewall?

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
@Alex01, didn’t you add an elbow to your breather on the NV-3550 and a tube to extend the breather up to the top of the firewall?

Yes. When I did the clutch I added the breather hose.