Which Antirock bar?

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Go for the Currie, it's the correct one for the front. The Rockjock is for the rear, that's not the one you want. Rockjock does have one for the front too but it now has only 3 adjustment holes vs. the 5 on the Currie version.

Something else you might want to consider (depending on your driving style) is the ORO SwayLOC. It works like the antirock when unlatched, and runs like a stiff factory sway bar when locked up. I helped a buddy install one on his JL a few weeks ago and it's a pretty impressive system.

I think one link you posted is for a front antirock and the other is a rear?

Ok, I didn't realize I had 2 different ones (front and rear) glad I posted this and asked. LOL

I just do light off road. Hardest trail I have done so far is (for those in Northern CA) is Sourgrass. I thought the Anti Rock sway bar was made so one didn't have to disconnect? Did I think wrong? That is my whole reason I wanted one, I don't like disconnecting, well, reconnecting is my issue at times. LOL

I put the Currie one in my wish list till I learn more on them. :D

That is correct, you won't have to mess with the Antirock once you have it installed and set to the position you like.
Ok, I thought correctly then. :D I was just talking to hubby about it, and he reminded me I have to get his Subaru to VW conversion kit first. Dang it. LOL I will order the sway bar as soon as his kit gets here. :D

Thanks for the info,

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The Antirock doesn't get disconnected for off-road use. But it does cause the on-road handling to suffer a bit because it is softer than stock. I daily drove mine for 6-7 years with no complaints. But some don't care for it's street behavior.

A Swayloc is the best of both stock and the Antirock. It is stiffer than stock when locked and is comparable to the Antirock when unlocked. Now that I have one, I like it more than the Antirock.

The Antirock doesn't get disconnected for off-road use. But it does cause the on-road handling to suffer a bit because it is softer than stock. I daily drove mine for 6-7 years with no complaints. But some don't care for it's street behavior.

A Swayloc is the best of both stock and the Antirock. It is stiffer than stock when locked and is comparable to the Antirock when unlocked. Now that I have one, I like it more than the Antirock.
Ok, I will have a look at that one too. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: jjvw

X2. I’ve always said that the SwayLoc is one of the best mods I’ve done to my rig.

Reactions: Tob and jjvw
I concur with the above about taking a look at the Swayloc. I originally bought an Antirock. Six months later I pulled it out and installed a Swayloc.

The Swayloc behaves stiffer than stock when locked, so there is very little body roll through corners, and steering retains a more accurate feel. Go off road, flip a lever or a switch and it behaves just like an Antirock. A mild, gentle restoring force that soaks up large movements and promotes stability.

95% of my driving is on-road, probably at least 60% freeway, and 25% of it heavily loaded with expedition gear, canoes, and people. So for me, having the extra sway control made a huge difference. I also tend to drive and corner more quickly than most jeep drivers would.

I will note, the Swayloc will not stop you from lifting the front left tire if you turn left and gun it. It will still lift a good amount, but not nearly as far as with an Antirock, and still a bit less than with a stock bar.

Reactions: KimsJeep
I'll be putting the Swaylock on mine, but I have to admit, it's purely for the cool factor in looks and for the stiffer sway bar.
As y'all know, mine never leaves the pavement, what a panty waste! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Plumber1
I'll be putting the Swaylock on mine, but I have to admit, it's purely for the cool factor in looks and for the stiffer sway bar.
As y'all know, mine never leaves the pavement, what a panty waste! lol
I believe you can order the Antirock with a stiffer center bar that would get you closer to stock. Of course that would be too stiff for anything more than modest off-roading, but it is an option. The locked Swayloc will obviously be stiffer, but it’s not the only option if you don’t need normal Antirock performance off-road.

I believe you can order the Antirock with a stiffer center bar that would get you closer to stock. Of course that would be too stiff for anything more than modest off-roading, but it is an option. The locked Swayloc will obviously be stiffer, but it’s not the only option if you don’t need normal Antirock performance off-road.
lol, thanks, but my Jeep has never been off the pavement!
The Swaylock has a cooler look and that's really the driving force for me here.
When she's completely done, I'd like to think of her as "bug-out" capable if needed. haha

Reactions: Steel City 06
lol, thanks, but my Jeep has never been off the pavement!
The Swaylock has a cooler look and that's really the driving force for me here.
When she's completely done, I'd like to think of her as "bug-out" capable if needed. haha
Definitely do the Swayloc if you can afford it.

Yet another option is a Hellwig bar. They make stiffer than stock bars for both the front and the rear, though not with the Antirock capabilities of the Swayloc. I’ve always thought a front Swayloc and rear Hellwig would be an awesome setup for the road.

Reactions: Tray Burge