Which half doors?

Silver or Black?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there’s a guy in the other half door thread that’ll give you $1,500 for those 🧐.
That's a serious price. I paid $1,000 for mine in December plus shipping from New York, about 400 bucks. They were yellow with no rust or dings. It cost about 900 dollars to have painted black. The body shop near me used the paint code on my jeep. It matched perfectly, looks like it came with the jeep.
As stated above, it will only go up.
Suicideking can sell one set and pay for a nice paint job. Or, be like me and just blow it on what ever. lol

I'd go with the black doors. I would bet aircraft remover would take the bed liner off with ease. As far as painting goes it would be easier to use a cheap HF gun than a spray can. For large flat areas, the spray can isn't that great because it's hard to shoot metallic without getting tiger strips. If you have an air compressor you can get pre-mixed paint off ebay and a $14 air gun from HF. Painting with the spray gun is easier than spray paint.

The silver doors look like my Silverstone Metallic!!

Yeah, that must be the color.

I'll check into getting the paint on Ebay and the HF gun.

Any brand of aircraft remover will do? I see Autozone has Rustoleum brand.

If I had to choose between having just one set it would be the full doors. I’m shocked I’m saying this, but the perks of them vs. half doors year round just wins out. Plus I did my half doors 2 months ago and only used them about 2 weeks 😂. I have been rolling no doors ever since!
We are not allowed to run with doors off so I might get a bit of use out of them :)

If I had to choose between having just one set it would be the full doors. I’m shocked I’m saying this, but the perks of them vs. half doors year round just wins out. Plus I did my half doors 2 months ago and only used them about 2 weeks 😂. I have been rolling no doors ever since!

A few years with the shitty plastic windows on the half doors will make you miss the glass windows that you can roll down. The windows are the only thing I miss.

A few years with the shitty plastic windows on the half doors will make you miss the glass windows that you can roll down. The windows are the only thing I miss.
That’s why I will never part with my full doors, I had uppers for my half doors, tried them once and said nope! Just not for me!

Reactions: suicideking
That's a serious price. I paid $1,000 for mine in December plus shipping from New York, about 400 bucks. They were yellow with no rust or dings. It cost about 900 dollars to have painted black. The body shop near me used the paint code on my jeep. It matched perfectly, looks like it came with the jeep.
As stated above, it will only go up.
Suicideking can sell one set and pay for a nice paint job. Or, be like me and just blow it on what ever. lol
so altogether between the doors, shipping and painting you're in for $2,300 for the doors?

That may be some kind of record o_O

• Wow
Reactions: suicideking
so altogether between the doors, shipping and painting you're in for $2,300 for the doors?

That may be some kind of record o_O
Pretty much. As I got into it the cost became apparent. I just rolled with it. But I am very happy with the outcome. Could be a record, for now.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Well, I sure hope no one here insults you for deciding how to spend your money.
1626283600311.png