Which ODB2 scanner

Wowens79

I'm wanting to get a scanner for my TJ's, and I've been looking on Amazon at the Bluetooth ones to work with my iPhone/Pad. The prices seem to vary a bunch, so I wanted to see what y'all had, and if they worked well.

Thanks!!

I have the android version and i love it. It does everything i need. The same company makes a apple version. But i have not used it.
Be careful a lot of bluetooth/wifi ones mark up the price once it says apple. Because people are willing to pay for it.

BAFX Products - OBD Reader for Check Engine Lights & Other Diagnostics (for iOS Devices) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K54MT5/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: L J
I’ve got this one and use it with the Auto Doctor app on apple. It works great:

Car WIFI OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Foseal Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Tool for iOS & Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W0SDLRY/?tag=wranglerorg-20
+1 on the above, cheap, works and use the free car scanner app (not the pro) and does all including real time on the iphone. Keep this thing in the glove box and pop it in if codes pop up while I am driving. I have chased down 2 - O2 sensors already with it.

I have the BlueDriver app and it works excellent. Plug and play, all I needed to do was sync it to my phone via bluetooth. It works on multiple vehicles too. Well worth the $100 bucks on Amazon, I bought it on a thursday and it arrived on saturday morning. You can clear your codes out as well if you need to reset a dash warning light or in the computer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Corded one here. Not as fancy as a bluetooth one, but it does the job for me.

When I got it, I was looking for one that would work with my wife's late model Volvo crossover. Volvo does some strange proprietary stuff and I couldn't find a bluetooth one that would commit and say, yes it works. Strangely enough, the HF one I got did.

Since you have an iPhone, I would recommend the Dash Command App. Works great with any WiFi reader off Amazon.

I have this same setup, in fact I keep my old android phone in my tool box just for this set up. The only bummer is I constantly need to charge my phone to use it, but I haven't had much luck with my Iphone. I am still on os11 and I know it is buggy with wifi. I am hoping they fixed it in ios12, but have yet to try.

I have this same setup, in fact I keep my old android phone in my tool box just for this set up. The only bummer is I constantly need to charge my phone to use it, but I haven't had much luck with my Iphone. I am still on os11 and I know it is buggy with wifi. I am hoping they fixed it in ios12, but have yet to try.

Regarding the iPhone connection with Bluetooth readers is a known issue, that’s why I suggested a WiFi reader.

Reactions: ac_
Regarding the iPhone connection with Bluetooth readers is a known issue, that’s why I suggested a WiFi reader.

Weird, i just downloaded carscanner from the apple store that was suggested earlier, and in the app it says what scanner to get, and to not get a wifi because it has issues with ios 11, it suggests bluetooth. Now I don't know what to do. Actually I will just keep my android set up for now.