Which of these three 2” lifts should I choose?

Kenkolen

I need a vote on these three choices for a 2" lift for my 2001 TJ 2.5L with 31" tires.
Tera Flex springs with Rancho RS9000 shocks and RS 5000 steering stabilizer comes out to about $1067.00
Old Man EMU kit with their shocks, springs and steering stabilizer, bump stop extension & track bar bracket $925 requires a transfer case spacer kit $86.33
BDS kit BDS springs, Fox 2.0 Shocks and steering stabilizer and they are recommending a transfer case drop kit total $917
I am leaning toward the OME
What are you thinking?

I'd do a combination of your proposed set up. You can buy OME springs, rancho shocks (either rs5000x or 9k adjustables) and go from there. Bump stops are cheap (hockey pucks) and track bar brackets are also.

Reactions: Kenkolen
Of your choices, I'd go with BDS and ditch the TCase drop, probably won't need it. You could solve that later if necessary.

As others said, you can piece a kit together for cheaper (OME 933/942; Rancho 5000X shocks; adjustable front trackbar, rear trackbar relocation bracket, some quick disconnects), all for somewhere around $8-900

Look at my build thread in my signature line. It's an awesome quality setup for around $600
I followed Codamans build except I went for cheaper Rough Country springs. Maybe that was a mistake but I will drive them for a while and see. Less than $600 for a decent lift on Rancho shocks which I really like. Handles great off-road and also on hwy at 65mph.

Reactions: Kenkolen
Look at my build thread in my signature line. It's an awesome quality setup for around $600
I will break down the costs of individual parts vs a kit.
Two questions, getting back to the kits, which one is a better choice. And do you think there is added value to the Ranch RS9000 adjustable ride shocks?

I will break down the costs of individual parts vs a kit.
Two questions, getting back to the kits, which one is a better choice. And do you think there is added value to the Ranch RS9000 adjustable ride shocks?

I had the Rancho 9000s on my last TJ and they were nice. When I got the Rubicon I went with the 5000X shocks (money was not an issue) because I never adjusted the 9000s on the previous TJ so why go adjustable again. If I were to get another TJ and put shocks on it they would be the 5000X.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I had the Rancho 9000s on my last TJ and they were nice. When I got the Rubicon I went with the 5000X shocks (money was not an issue) because I never adjusted the 9000s on the previous TJ so why go adjustable again. If I were to get another TJ and put shocks on it they would be the 5000X.
Makes sense, thanks.

I didn't buy an adjustable front trackbar because the axle shift wasn't even noticeable. If I were you I would install the lift with springs, shocks, bump stops, rear trackbar relocation bracket and a small spacer up front to get rid of the rake and to support an aftermarket bumper and maybe a winch and then see if you need an adjustable front trackbar, you may not need one.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I didn't buy an adjustable front track bar because the axle shift wasn't even noticeable. If I were you I would install the lift with springs, shocks, bump stops, rear trackbar relocation bracket and a small spacer up front to get rid of the rake and to support an aftermarket bumper and maybe a winch and then see if you need an adjustable front trackbar, you may not need one.
I will get to work on my parts list. Springs I will most likely go with the Old Man Emu.

I shopped around for my ProComp springs and found them somewhere for $99 a set. So look around.
Sweet, I could use the extra money to update my wheels and tires. I have some 31" now, the tires have lots of thread but they are like 8 years old. And the wheels are missing the center caps. I will also likely need a new AC evaporator soon.

I will get to work on my parts list. Springs I will most likely go with the Old Man Emu.
Those are good springs, just decide if you need the HD or standard springs. Some on here have had really strange problems with the amount of lift from the OME springs. So talk to some members about OME springs and whether to go HD or not.

Those are good springs, just decide if you need the HD or standard springs. Some on here have had really strange problems with the amount of lift from the OME springs. So talk to some members about OME springs and whether to go HD or not.
Which do you have standard or HD? I have a heavy duty after market front bumper and will likely add something more heavy duty than stock on the rear.

Which do you have standard or HD? I have a heavy duty after market front bumper and will likely add something more heavy duty than stock on the rear.
Then go HD for sure

933/942 (these give in 2” of lift with aftermarket bumpers and winch, so a spacer, at least up front, will level things out.

Last edited:
Reactions: CodaMan
Can you take a look at these on Amazon, Daystar, Jeep TJ Wrangler 2" extended 5" tall polyurethane bump stops

Those are not what you want. Bump stops are usually done in 1" increments. The front bump stops are mounted at the bottom on the spring perch and the rear are mounted above the cup.