TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got a little jingle in the pocket and wanted to upgrade the ole tie rod setup

1.) get the Currie setup

2.) get the ZJ setup

3.) get the savvy setup

4.) get something I don’t know about

teach me the ways and spend my money!

I did the ZJ because it was cheap and easy. Its also so much beefier then the stock and I feel they might be more readily available and easy to get if something where to break

• Love
Reactions: Irun and hear
I did the ZJ for all the same reasons as Joe B, and also a tiny bit because "we" have a tendency to think that Curry/Savvy are the only viable option and you put your life and the life of everyone else on the road in jeopardy if you don't go with their expensive products.

Gotta love getting thumbs down'd for voicing an opinion.

Last edited:
Installing the Currie one tonight. I went all currie on suspension, track bars, front end housing joint, etc so just kept the theme going.

Reactions: L J
I did the ZJ for all the same reasons as Joe B, and also a tiny bit because "we" have a tendency to think that Curry/Savvy are the only viable option and you put your life and the life of everyone else on the road in jeopardy if you don't go with their expensive products.
Piss off with that crap.

I tend to look at things from the function over form point of view. We can change out every single part and spend as much money as we want. It all depends on what wheeling will be done. I personally can't see spending 2 to 3 times more.for an upgrade when the rig.may never function up to that level. Higher cost doesn't necessarily equate to higher performance.

Previously used the original Currie steering on my XJ for 18 years, but only had enough to upgrade the TJ with the ZJ steering until I came across a great deal on a used Currectlync for 1/2 price. Installed the Currectlync 2 weeks ago and there was quite a difference between the Currie steering and the OEM steering. To be fare.... the stock steering had tie rods with noticeable play in them.

Previously used the original Currie steering on my XJ for 18 years, but only had enough to upgrade the TJ with the ZJ steering until I came across a great deal on a used Currectlync for 1/2 price. Installed the Currectlync 2 weeks ago and there was quite a difference between the Currie steering and the OEM steering. To be fare.... the stock steering had tie rods with noticeable play in them.

as in better / tighter steering?