Who hates Christmas?

My son isn't really into Christmas either, and you might think well he got that from Dad, wrong.

When he was eight years old his mother told him the day after Christmas she was done being a wife and a mother. He wouldn't know her if she walked right by him.

A lot of therapy but he is married and has a son of his own.

I never understood Christmas haters. Like any other holiday its exactly what you decide to make of it so make it something you enjoy.

The things I hate about Christmas is the fighting over Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays, the insane traffic everywhere, the expectations that you'll buy everyone you know an expensive gift, people who think you're clinically depressed if you aren't wearing a Santa sweater and humming Christmas carols the whole month, and the after Christmas shut down of my industry because everyone just blew way more money than they should have.

In other words things I have no control over.

Reactions: Rick Flair
The only thing I liked about Christmas was when my kids were little. I loved their excitement for gift giving and the family closeness we had. And a big tasty family dinner! But once they were grown, and me and the old lady were divorced, I was pretty much done with it.

Never cared for family coming to my house, or going to theirs. Hate the super commercialization, stupid tv and radio adds, people in a frenzy buying anything and everything in sight, messed up traffic everywhere.

I don’t decorate anything, don’t send cards, or do anything commercially oriented. I don’t need to “buy” Christmas, that’s not what it’s about.

But I do say Merry Christmas, not happy holidays.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays is fine with me. I use them both. I still love Christmas and do some outdoor lights and this.

1608442520755.png