Who would buy this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlm1450

My check-engine light is on.
Lifetime Supporting Member
This seems like a really cool trail rig. But who's paying this kind of money for something you can't drive on the street?

https://www.rockcrawlersforsale.com/autos/buggy/4-seater/2020-ape-mv4-vehicle-for-sale-3402.html
1602173759298010920_large.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-230639_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-230656_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Tob
I'd never buy that but if I was in the market I'd be a bit bummed they put a diesel in it instead of a hellcat engine. It looks like a sand toy to me and a low revving diesel doesn't sound like a winning combo.

@Chris can drive that on the road in AZ I bet.

Reactions: D M
I'd never buy that but if I was in the market I'd be a bit bummed they put a diesel in it instead of a hellcat engine. It looks like a sand toy to me and a low revving diesel doesn't sound like a winning combo.

@Chris can drive that on the road in AZ I bet.

Yep, you could legally drive that on the road here in Arizona.

Still, I wouldn't want that thing with a Cummins diesel in it.

For nearly 150k I could find something way, way better than that. I mean to each their own, but nothing about that (other than the color) is my cup of tea.

Reactions: Alex01
For nearly 150k I could find something way, way better than that...
Very true, ultra4 has lists for their rigs people are selling and they go for half this price, and probably twice as capable

Very true, ultra4 has lists for their rigs people are selling and they go for half this price, and probably twice as capable

Yep, my point exactly. And I've seen a lot of custom rock buggies with over 100k into them selling for 50k or less. They don't hold their value well at all, so to see something like this listed for 150k just makes me laugh to be honest.

Reactions: D M
Yep, my point exactly. And I've seen a lot of custom rock buggies with over 100k into them selling for 50k or less. They don't hold their value well at all, so to see something like this listed for 150k just makes me laugh to be honest.
exactly, they must be smoking that good stuff

Reactions: Chris
I wonder what this was specifically built for? The cummins makes sense for crawling. But for $150k, I would expect 40's.

I'm also over the diesel rig fascination. There's no doubt they are a novelty that people can enjoy. I just wonder if they are worth it. Their power to weight ratio is not great and, from what I've read, modern diesels can be crazy expensive to fix.

More importantly, I can't wait to retire and move southwest. Regardless of whether this rig makes sense, the fact that I COULD drive this thing around Arizona is the bee's knees. Connecticut, like California, is a beautiful state. But, like California, it's been ruined by it's people and politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.